I forget to check on the comments on my main blog page.... So I saw there were a whole bunch, and there was one from JULIEMYRA suggesting that I could do this 50 things thingy.....so here it is.
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
No, my mom just saw my name in a baby name book and liked it.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
A few hours ago. It's been an emotional couple of days. Before I started this weight loss journey, I could go months without crying, but now so many feelings just keep coming up! It's still totally worth it though!
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
I used to, but being on a computer all the time has left me with chicken scratch instead of good penmanship.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Can fish count as a meat? I eat a lot of tuna, but I really love canned sockeye salmon.
5. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Without a doubt.
6. Do you have kids?
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Yes. I still have all my bits, except my wisdom teeth.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
No. I'm not much of a physical risk taker, and I don't like fear. I like roller coasters, but that's about as much adrenaline as I can stand!
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
Strong enough. Getting stronger all the time.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Chocolate peanut butter ice cream from Baskin-Robbins.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
how confident they are/their eyes
15. RED OR PINK?
Pink (as long as it's dark pink or hot pink - not pastel)
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
I procrastinate about going after things I really want
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
My grandma. She died last year. (BTW, the question should read "Whom do you miss the most." See my superpower below.)
18. WHAT IS THE PAUL MCKENNA TECHNIQUE THAT YOU NEED TO WORK ON THE MOST?
So Google tells me this guy has techniques to make you thin or confident, or to help you deal with phobias or sleep issues. I'm working on the thin part myself, so I guess I'd take a confidence boost. I'm not going to buy any of his DVDs though!
19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
Smoked salmon, brown rice crackers, baby carrots, sugar snap peas, cherry tomatoes and sweet pickles. (Dinner was kind of a picnic!)
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
The cars going by outside.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
Cerise, if that is a crayon colour. It was my favourite colour in pencil crayons.
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
freshly ground dark roast coffee, roses of all kinds, cocoa butter, vanilla, rosemary, mint, and onions and garlic sauteed in butter!
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
25. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE?
Beach house. I'm a sea-level girl.
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Figure skating. Does dancing count as a sport? I've recently discovered 'So You Think You Can Dance,' and that is the kind of athletic stuff I enjoy viewing! If there isn't music and sparkly costumes, what's the point?
27. HAIR COLOR?
blonde. for reals. Ok, dark blond, with some grey hairs coming in. sigh.
28. EYE COLOR?
one is blue and one is hazel. I was in a car accident when I was small, and one eye turned blue after it was hit with a seatbelt. I know it sounds all exotic, but most people don't even notice.
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
I wish I still could. My astigmatism is so bad now that I can only wear glasses.
30. FAVORITE FOOD?
Pizza. So many kinds of pizza!
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Happy endings. I'm a scaredy cat -- can't watch anything that's even remotely scary.
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
I saw this movie about caves at the IMAX last week. It was enjoyable.
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
I'm wearing a comfy brown dress.
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
I prefer spring and fall! It doesn't really get that wintry where I live; it just rains a lot. I like the rain, though, and I don't like it when it gets too hot. Still, I can't pick between summer and winter. My favourite season is usually whatever the season is right now!
35. HUGS OR KISSES?
Depends on the person!
36. FAVORITE DESSERT?
37. STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO?
38. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION?
I don't have a TV, but I do watch TV shows on my computer!
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
Red Seas Under Red Skies by Scott Lynch.
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
My laptop has a trackpad. I don't use a pad for the mouse at work.
42. FAVORITE SOUND?
The best sound I ever heard was waves crashing on North Beach on Haida Gwaii. I am also very partial to the cello.
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
I loved the Beatles when I was a young teen, but this year I have started listening to the Stones, especially the early stuff. I love the album Sticky Fingers.
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
I drove about halfway down the Baja. (I've never been off the North American continent! Someday I'll go abroad.)
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
I can bend spoons with my mind.
I can do the wave with my eyebrows. Kids like it.
Also, my superpower is grammar. People don't like it when I correct them, so I've learned to hold it in.
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
In a hospital in Vancouver.
47. WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW?
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada.
48. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR HOUSE?
White with greyish-blue trim.
49. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CAR?
I don't have one. My main mode of transportation is my orange Townie bicycle.
50. DO YOU LIKE ANSWERING 50 QUESTIONS?
I thought it was funny that so many of my answers were the same as JULIEMYRA's! I feel a little awkward about sharing personal stuff, but I did want to show off my beautiful bike (which I have named Carmela.)