You know, one of "those" people who are vegetarian. The ones who need to beat you over the head with how awesome they are because they are vegetarian. But I am becoming one. And I see their side now. When you feel so good all the time you want to share your secret with others so they can feel better too. Not that I think meat is terrible and not that I have any moral objections to eating meat (I personally think a good burger every now and then is not just a privilege but a God given right.) But I do feel SO good. I feel energetic and I'm in a better mood (of course, I workout a lot too and that could be that also.)
All right, here's a list of things I've noticed have improved the last 4 days since I started eating vegetarian:
1. I wake up before my alarm clock every morning. I don't get out of bed before my alarm clock--baby steps!!
2. I have been sleeping better at night. I totally attribute this to the eating. I've been working out 5 - 6 days a week for the last 3 weeks. Prior to those 3 weeks I slept like crud and that didn't really change til this week.
3. My cravings for bad foods has diminished. Prime example: Wednesday I had a MONSTER craving for chocolate. I couldn't fulfill that craving at work because I had no change for the vending machine. When I got home there was 1 Hershey bar left. My youngest wanted it but was kind enough to share a few of the pieces with me. 3 pieces and I felt the craving go away.
4. I am more aware of what causes my cravings. For instance, the chocolate craving was caused by a planned bout of chip eating. Apparently, Sun Chips Garden Salsa requires a chocolate chaser.
5. I have started not putting an emotional spin to everything I put in my mouth. It really is just a question of whether or not I am hungry or not.
6. Less stress. Yes, I still have outside influences in my life that cause me stress. But now, I don't have to be burdened with the additional guilt I put on myself because I ate my worries away. That in and of itself is quite freeing.
7. I have more energy to workout. Except for yesterday which I am attributing to the cold that is trying to dig its claws into me.
If you perceive this as preachy, I really do apologize. I not only am not trying to be preachy, I have no right to be. It's only the 5th day for crying out loud. These past 4 days (and this current 5th) have made a big impact on me. I am hoping I can continue in this vein and do my best to keep it up. This blog is as much to pump me up and motivate me as it could be to influence someone to give something new a try. I don't believe I could solely be an influence and convince someone to do something but maybe my humble opinion is enough to tip their reasoning over the edge to give this a try after much contemplation. I know I've thought about this for awhile and if it wouldn't have been for my hubby saying he was going to do it, I never would have tried. So thank you, baby, I have felt so amazing this week and I couldn't have done it without you!!