Although I have lost considerable weight since becoming serious last September, it has been without written monthly goals. Now, to get my loss going again and to jump-start my life in general, I have created goals for July and am committing to them here.
FOOD and EXERCISE
* At least 6 cups of water a day, something that has been difficult for me so far.
* Stay within my calorie range 5-6 days per week. If more, great, if not, then still will have had a successful week. But if I go over, it will not be by much. In other words, no pigging out.
* Lose two pounds = 1/2 pound per week.
* Walk on treadmill
for at least one mile three days per week, in addition to mowing the yards and bowling
. Diabetic problems cause my left foot to swell and my back cramps if I'm on my feet too long at a time so this should be workable.
* Submit one article/story to a magazine.
* Research and complete one more chapter of one of my mystery books and one page of one of the children's books.
* Continue planning for book 2 for adult reading students, a charity project that produced 10,000 copies of multiple award-winning book 1.
* Try to arrange breakfast or lunch meeting with a fellow writer/business acquaintance for networking twice per month.
* Explore volunteer opportunities trying to find a good match for my free time. Perhaps Special Olympics bowling. Need something to use the writing skills, teaching a class or join a new writer's group or something.
* Look for additional volunteer opportunities with area police
and fire departments. While there, keep alert for article ideas.
* Continue as a board member of the county's Commission on Aging and the city's Criminal Nuisance Abatement Board.
* Declutter/sort through at least one box of "stuff" per week to help decrease stress of not having space.
* Get outside for at least 1/2 hour every day
to sit on the porch and read or watch people go by, something other than working in the yards or at the computer.
* Go to bed after the kitchen and bathroom are cleaned to also lessen stress of feeling the house is dirty.
* Hug my two dogs
and two cats
daily. This is an easy goal because I already do it.
Are there more you can suggest? I'm open to ideas. Here's to a successfulJuly for us all