10 Things about Me
Thursday, June 16, 2011
I just answered this question on the "Picky Eaters" message board and enjoyed sharing, so I thought I'd share it with a broader audience :)
1. My faith is the most important part of my life, and I'm trying make my behavior follow my beliefs.
2. I am a personal development addict! I enjoy reviewing my vision, goals, values, reading about them and planning how to get there (often through "GTD" lists). Persistent Execution Over Time.. that's a different story!
3. I graduated college (back in '95) with a BA in psychology. I never broke into a psych. related career, but I used the principles I learned in a lot of different venues.
4. I used to work part time as a dog training instructor and really enjoyed it (using said psych. skills on both dogs and people!)
5. I have a couple herniated disks, and have already learned back exercises, walking and drinking my water regularly makes a difference!
6. Until finding this group I truly believed I was the world's most picky eater. At least I know I have compatriots now (for better or for worse!)
7. I have a LOT of hobbies, including writing, photography, scrapbooking, hiking, organizing (yes, it's something I enjoy!), reading, genealogy, and model horse collecting.
8. I really don't like household chores, including but not limited to cooking of most kinds (I do love my toaster and microwave!)
9. I would love to go on a horseback riding vacation (if I could love on hot dogs and beans and mac and cheese!)
10. I created my username/nickname the first time I ever got into an online "chat room", and have kept it ever since. It symbolizes one of my most gratifying activities - deep one-on-one conversations. Encouragement is one of my gifts.
Bonus: I love music and enjoy singing though I get extremely self-conscious when I feel people are looking at me when I sing out loud (I DO sing "high volume" especially during rousing worship songs).