What a Difference Losing Just Ten Pounds Made
Monday, June 13, 2011
I lost the ten pounds I'd been battling for years back in 2007 and have been logging in to Sparkpeople ever since to be sure I stay on track with my new healthy lifestyle. I've made some permanent changes that have enabled me to stay at goal for over 4 years, such as weighing and measuring portions, eating smaller portions, drinking 8 glasses of liquid daily, exercising regularly and getting 8 hours of sleep every night. Recently I realized the changes this has made in my body, so gradually I hardly noticed. Here they are:
1. I used to wear size 10 and now wear either a 6 or sometimes a 4.
2. I can buy tops and bottoms in the same size now. I used to have "an hour-glass figure in which all the sand has run to the bottom."
3. I no longer have "thunder thighs". I can wear shorts and jeans and look good.
4. I can look in a full length mirror and no longer cringe.
5. I can put on my clothes by pulling them up over my hips instead of always over my head
6. I can do yoga I never thought I'd be able to do.
7. I feel and look much younger than my 80 years and enjoy life much more.