I'm down 40 lbs! (43.8 to be exact =p) and I'm SUPER proud of myself! (also, as of today, I'm officially 70 lbs down from my heaviest weight ever! YIKES!)
I have to admit, I didn't have enough confidence in myself to believe I could do this. I started this journey with SP back in December and I was still doubtful that I'd have any success. Now, 6 months and 40 lbs later, I AM being successful and I KNOW that I'll get to my goal weight without a doubt. I'm even thinking about adding a new goal weight once I reach my current one. My current goal weight is what I used to weigh before I had my first child (154lbs) which was my lowest weight ever (after puberty of course lol). Now, with this new confidence I have in myself, I know that I can go even lower than that if I really want to. Once I reach my goal weight, I'll see where I am and then decide if I want to lose another 15 - 20 lbs. We'll see.
So, I call this the sequel to my other blog (20 lbs down! the new things...) because I wanted to do a similar list of the new things after losing another 20 lbs.
Here it is:
- I have a wide variety of different sized jeans. Right now, I'm mostly wearing size 10 and 8. I do have some size 12 but they're baggy already. Even my "goal pants" size 10 are getting baggy! YAY! (mind you I used to wear size 16 - 18 jeans before)
- Also, I took out all my summer clothes and NONE of my shorts fit me. I can put them on without unbuttoning them! And even most of my shirts and tanks had to go because they were way too big! YAY!
- My wedding and engagement rings are SO big now, I have to be careful not to lose them! They now fit in my THUMB! YAY!
- Some of my size 36B bras are getting big (boo! lol)
- I took out all my sandals and flip flops, and had to get rid of some of them because they were too lose! YAY!
- A lot of my newer shirts are fitting too lose now. Some of them I had to get rid of because they look weird on me now! YAY!
- My stamina and strength have gone through the roof! I can get through a 60 min zumba class easily and my yoga routines are getting easier and I'm moving to more and more "pro" poses! YAY!
- My hands and feet are looking better and better. I can even see some veins I didn't even know I had! lol
- For the first time in my life, I actually love my legs. They have a beautiful shape, they are more toned and NO cellulite! Another first in my life, I'm wearing SKIRTS! I used to HATE skirts, but now I own a few of them and I even bought a few dresses (another first!) YAYYY!!!!
- My digestive system keeps improving and I hardly ever feel discomfort unless I eat some junk food, and even then, it's very rare. YAY!
- More and more compliments!!! I'm starting to get used to it, but it's still weird to have SO many people say something about the way I look. Things like "skinny mini" and "gosh you're tiny" are things I NEVER thought I'd hear about me. Now, I'm not sure I agree with them. I don't feel skinny or tiny at all, but compared to where I was 6 months ago, I have to say I do look much smaller. I'm always looking forward to seeing people I haven't seen in a while, just to see what they're going to say LOL. (a little vain of me huh?)
- I'm starting to see my collar bones again! I hadn't seen them in over 7 years! YAY!
- Oh, and for those who believe in BMI (I personally think it's the least accurate measure of whether a person is healthy or not) My BMI is now 29.2 which means I'm not considered OBESE anymore. It's good to know that now most HCPs won't say I'm obese but it does make you think, no wonder there are so many people with eating disorders like anorexia and bulimia. I'll leave that for another blog.
Once again, it's all these little things that keep me motivated and "in the wagon". I can now say for certain that this is my new lifestyle and it feels so natural that even if I tried, I don't think I'd ever go back to my old eating habits.
And of course, I have to thank SparkPeople and all of my SparkFriends for helping me get to where I am right now. I know for a fact that I would have never been able to do this without you guys! YOU ROCK!!!!!!