Step 1 (version 237)
Friday, May 20, 2011
I know I keep starting and restarting. Life has sucked, and that's the gist of it. I'm not one of those woe-is-me, doomsdayers, though. It is just the truth. Loss of job/income. Loss of family stability. Nearly lost my marriage. Child 2 in the hospital with all kinds of problems. Child 1 dealing with special needs and all kinds of difficult transitions. Being sick off and on, and not having much time of wellness. Discovering that I am lactose intolerant (to the point of causing internal bleeding when I have milk). Depression and anxiety through the roof. Living with friends for 6+ months. The list goes on.
We're on the upswing though. That's more than I have been able to say in over half a year. It feels good. We just moved into our house. OUR house. Not owned, but rented, and filled with OUR things. OUR privacy. OUR food in the house. OUR choices and decisions and life. Its amazing how much of a difference that makes.
I want to start really paying attention to what I eat more, now that I have a little more control over the matter in our own home. I have goals:
* Commit to eating a salad with 1 meal every day
* Increase fresh fruits and veggies
* Take Acai Berry supplements?
* Walk and eventually work up to running. I love to run. :)
* Drink lots of water and eventually weed out soda. I have a rule of no soda in this house, unless its in a take-out cup, which has cut down soda intake a LOT.
* Take vitamins (including ones for healthy hair and nails)
That's a good start to get me going on the road to better health. :) Here's hoping this is the last fresh start I'll ever need with this.