Survey (generic title)
Friday, May 06, 2011
1. You are on a deserted island, alone. You can request the musical collections of five artists/groups. Whose music would you request?
Hot Chip, Adele, Kanye West, Jay-Z and The Smiths
2. What two books would you request?
Naked by David Sedaris and the Bible
3. What figure in history other than Jesus would you choose to spend a day with?
4. What did you do the night before you woke up in the morning feeling lucky to still be alive?
There have been a lot of nights like this. I made a lot of really bad decisions when I was in college. One that stands out is when I accidentally overdosed on No-Doz while pulling an all-nighter.
5. You are alone when suddenly confronted by a deranged person. Your choices are to kill or be killed. Do you kill?
I don't have the instincts to kill. I would probably run away and try not to get killed.
6. NOT DISMISSING YOUR LIFE NOW, BUT IN FANTASY, if you were told right now that had you applied your childhood to being great at an Olympic event, you would have won a gold medal and become a national hero and wealthy, would you be willing to make that sacrifice? What event?
I've never been a very hardcore person. Definitely not Olympic athlete material but I would probably be part of the swim competition if I had to pick an event. I enjoyed being on the swim team when I was younger. I live in the pool during the summer.
7. If you could become famous, and possibly wealthy, for doing one thing, what do you hope it would be?
Coming up with a cure for a plethora of diseases.
8. What individual foods, or meal, makes your mouth water the most?
carne asada, turkey sandwich with avocado, brownie sundae
9. Skinny, healthy and miserable, or fat and truly happy for the next 20 years. Which would you choose?
I've been fat and happy for 33 years. I'd like to try out being skinny for a while.
10. Give, or receive?
It feels better to give. I like receiving gifts and compliments though. :)
11. Favorite day of the year, and why?
December 24. I get to spend time with my family and it's such a fun tradition.
12. If you could only watch one television program for the rest of your life, what would it be? How I Met Your Mother
13. If by snapping your fingers you could eliminate one toxic substance or feeling from the world, what would it be, and why?
I would eliminate sadness.
14. Are you a front row person, or back row?
I love being in the front row for concerts and as close to the front as possible for almost anything.
15. You are perfectly healthy and surrounded by loved ones when you are told you will die in exactly 3 hours. How do you spend those 3 hours?
I would spend those three hours playing with my nieces and nephew and spending time with my close friends and family.