Some things just don't make sense...
Tuesday, May 03, 2011
I am a planner. I plan everything. In fact, I have an 8x11 planner to keep track of everything I need to do...BUT, I never take the time to plan what I am eating, what I am putting in my body for fuel.
Now, I would never put diesel in my car, or something absurd like pop or water even. The car will not work if I do that. So why don't I think of my body like my car??? If I put the wrong stuff in my body, it doesn't work properly either.
So....things I need to work on...
1) More fruits and veggies. I simply do not eat enough. I was doing pretty well for awhile, but our freezer broke and now all of the frozen veggies I had as my "go-to" foods are gone....but enough excuses...I just need to make this happen.
2) Less packaged snacks. Just because the kids at the tutoring place eat them does not mean that I need to eat them.
3) Understanding that hungry is okay. If for some reason I do not pack a lunch or do not pack enough, I need to wait until I get home to eat or stop at the market and get some fruits or veggies with a ready-to-eat protein snack instead. No more expensive, unhealthy quick eating.
4) Add more calcium rich foods. I just started tracking this, so I'm becoming more mindful and know what I need to do here.
5) Plan my food out. If I'm picking the right fuel, I won't be overweight OR hungry!
My lunch box needs to get here!!!!!