Goals and stuff - April/May
Monday, May 02, 2011
Ok....I'm eating April's dust....not sure where it went....here are my April goals with my assessment written underneath each one….geez epic fail!
1. Bike outside!! I don’t care how cold it is I want to bike to work this month. If I can bike 5 days to work (a week in total) I will be happy. I’m going to keep my eyes on the weather report, check the trails, bundle up and go for it! Oh, a bike tune up then is in order too!
-not done. I don’t know where this month went….seriously. I blinked and it was already the 15th, another blink and it was over. I’m now less than 6 weeks to my bike tour and need to find the motivation to get biking…..my bike may be in good enough working order to skip the week long tune up…..I can’t afford a week without her this month!
2. Finish C25K!! I know I can finish it. The running 2 miles with the quarter mile walk break in between is where I’m sitting comfortably. It’s on to the long runs….however long it takes to get up to the 3 miles.
-another not done. My back is failing me this month. It feels fine, I do a run, the next day I wake up to crazy pain…..I need a week off to get back to normal, I do a run, the next day I wake up to crazy pain….week off…..you get the drift. I’ve been able to maintain the 2 miles with a quarter mile walk between, thankfully.
3. Start work on my arms!! I was thinking this morning of the hot summer and tank tops. One of my slightly vain goals is to go to Pride in June wearing a…..how do I put it…..dyke-y outfit. I’d love to work a muscle shirt and capris. If not this year, next year. I’m still a bit nervous to lift weights of any magnitude cuz of what happened to my back but I do have small 2 pounders lying around that might work to start.
-not done….you broken record! I have a bit of a leeway with this one. I realized that my bike tour is the same day as Pride this year so that’s out. My arms are getting a bit of a workout with biking so there’s muscle there. I need to forget the arms for now and focus on biking and getting my routine straight….see below!
4. Catch up on my Bible reading!! I’m almost 2 weeks behind and can’t, at this point, say I’ve read a quarter of the Bible. Plus I’m dying to get through the Pentateuch this month…..I love my Bible but those books are tedious! Must get back on track….
-partly done. The plane ride to Winnipeg gave me a great chance to read and read. I’m closer to being caught up but not quite yet….however I am a quarter of the way through the Bible. THAT I can now say!
5. The To-Do List – settle insurance, make appointments, buy new clothes and shoes….lol I really need new work clothes (pants without fluffy butts more specifically) and new non-running shoes. Everything’s getting too big again. My old work shoes sound like flip flops now cuz they’ve become so big!
-fail….except for the shopping, funny enough. *eyes rolling* I have enough new work clothes to last for a while and new work shoes….plus a couple of new pairs of funky shoes. I was quite successful at shopping this month…..unfortunately not quite successful at anything else!
Looking forward I’m finding it so difficult to get moving and get motivated. I had a really bad weekend this weekend…..I actually didn’t do too bad with eating (better than what could have been!) and we got out for a few walks Geocaching but in terms of what I wanted to do and then didn’t do…..well, I think I’ll blog about that separately. Right now focusing on May and trying to see my goals and actually want to accomplish them. I think my back injury has really taken its toll. With all my emotional issues around that it’s beating me down. I just have to figure out how to bounce back…..
1. Complete the GoodLife gym enrollment and begin with a personal trainer. That should happen this week. We’ve signed up, received our membership cards and can get started.
2. Come up with a routine. A new gym membership plus training runs and bike rides are all colliding. Training runs for a 5k are on Tuesday nights….bike rides are on the weekend and one other night during the week. Yeah….I signed up for a 5k on June 1.
3. Complete the To-Do list…...a never ending goal…….insurance and appointments are the big things.
I honestly can’t think of another thing I want to accomplish this month. I just want to improve on my running and biking so I don’t fall on my face for my events. And, somehow, somehow find enthusiasm to do it all….. Geez what is with me today?