Here are my 13 reasons to smile.......
13. I have a job. No matter how hard it is to wake up every week (especially on Monday's), I have a job and I should be very grateful of that. It helps keep a roof over my head and my family fed. Very good reason to smile!
12. Rain..... Yes, I am grateful for the rain and it can make me smile. We have had some very dreary days here in Minnesota but all that rain is helping the trees bud out. And my grass is super green now. Great reason to smile!
11. Blisters on my feet! Ummm.... this one is kind of weird but it does make me smile. Having these blisters on my feet show that I have worked very hard.
10. Shopping! I love to shop and it can always bring a smile to my face...... I did a little of this yesterday . My daughter and I went clothes shopping and we both walked away with some pretty cute outfits. We also bought some new earrings, shoes, and some new curtains for my daughters room.
9. A clean house. I love to clean and it really makes me smile to have a clean house. Last night, my kids cleaned up their disaster area.... called the play room. They cleaned it up for me for my birthday.
8. My son Jacob crossed over to a boy scout last week. This is a great achievement for him and we are very proud to see him move on. Big smile and proud moment for me!
7. Watching my daughter swim. She may look like a drowned cat in the water but she is doing it. Kacie has always been a little terrified to swim but has been doing awesome at her swim lessons. Watching her makes me laugh a little but a sure smile on my face because she is learning!
6. I smile just because!
5. I have the greatest friends! My friends are always there for me and can always make me laugh and smile!
4. Big smile when I opened up a letter this weekend. My son Andrew received a congratulations letter from our schools district. He earned the highest score for our districts fourth grade at a Words Master Blue Division competition. He will now go to a School Board meeting to be introduced and recognized for his high achievement.
3. I smile because I have the greatest kids in the world! They can always make me smile and laugh with their outgoing personalities. They work so hard at everything that they do. I am so lucky to have all three of them!
2. My hubby always makes me smile! He is my rock.... my soul mate and I am very lucky to have him. He has been working so hard lately being swamped at work but he still tries to make time for us. He is such a great dad and hubby.... and I love him so much!
1. And the number one smile of the weekend goes to...... RUNNING 13 MILES!
I ran 13 miles this weekend.... in the RAIN! Rain and wind accompanied my friend and I during these 13 miles along with some awesome hills. But we did it and I am so proud. This was part of our training run so we made sure to stop right at 13. We want to keep the 13.1 for our half marathon race. I am so thankful for my feet and legs for carrying me these 13 miles. I got a few blisters and my legs were sore but I did it! And we ran these 13 miles in 2:22! What a great time for a training run! The highlight of my weekend....... I was giddy the whole rest of the weekend. And I don't think my smile could have gotten any bigger!
So these are my 13 reasons. What are some of your reasons to smile?