3 months...and very little progress...
Saturday, April 16, 2011
So I've been on Spark people for 3 1/2 months now and have made very little progress. I have lost 10lbs and have been working out regularly, which I guess is better than before, but I can't seem to get my eating habits in check. I'll do fine for a few days of the week, and then it all goes downhill from there. These may be some of the reasons:
1) I am working 12+ hours a day and often grab whatever I can to eat. I have been eating out a lot because I do not have time to cook. I was doing really well with making myself a lunch, but then I stopped. My boyfriend likes to eat out a lot, and I end up getting something too, even if I already ate.
Solution: Buy a new lunchbox with the cooler lining and those cold packs to keep my lunch fresh. I need to stop being lazy with that.
When it comes to eating out, if I feel like I need to eat, I need to just get something light like a salad or cup of soup instead of ordering something big. I can also just tell Brendan that I already ate or tell him that I am eating at home. I need to take charge of this. This will help me also fulfill my goal of saving money.
2) I often grab quick, easy things to eat, regardless of their nutritional value.
Solution: Stop!!!! I need to THINK about what I am eating and why.
3) I often eat mindlessly when I have a lot of stuff going on, especially as a way to procrastinate.
Solution: Stop!!!!! I need to THINK about why I am eating. Am I REALLY hungry?
4) I need to become more comfortable with feeling hungry and realize that I do not need to satisfy my "hunger" right away!
Solution: Pack a lunch with healthy snacks or wait until I get home to eat. If it is going to be a long time, I will stop to get cheap, healthy food that will fill me up until I get home.
5) Finding food at home is sometimes a pain, especially when I am at Brendan's house.
Solution: Instead of going out to eat, go to the store before coming over and pick up some easy healthy foods. It will be cheaper in the long run and will help me to be more successful with my weight loss goals.