You don’t need a lot of time....
Sunday, April 10, 2011
You don’t need a lot of time, either. Here are ideas for making the most of even 5 minutes of "me" time.
If You Have 5-10 Minutes
* Sit on the porch with a cup of coffee and the newspaper. Or a cup of coffee and no newspaper. Just watch the clouds go by. No phone or calendar allowed.
* Call a friend to chat. This doesn't mean planning the bake sale or organizing the neighborhood watch -- just talk, without an agenda.
* Move. Get up from your desk, stretch, and walk around the block or up and down a flight of stairs.
* Breathe deeply. While you're sitting in your office, car, or home, focus on
breathing slowly and gently for five minutes. It's OK if your mind wanders a bit, but don't start planning what you have to do next -- just follow your breath.
* Pet your pet. Focus for five minutes on cuddling with cat or dog. You'll both feel better.
For more tips: