How exercise has effected my life in only a week!
Thursday, March 24, 2011
It's been just over a week since I've joined a local gym. I've gone every day, except Sat/Sun. I am doing both cardio and strength training. When I do cardio (which is every day) I get in at least 45 mins and every other day I do strength training. So far that has been 8 cardio sessions and 4 strength training sessions.
Since the time that I have started I have noticed:
1) I sleep so much better.
2) I wake up easier when the alarm goes off.
3) I am diabetic and my sugar has been under 100 consistently (with both diet and exercise)
4) I am not as stressed. People at work yesterday commented that I don't have that "pinched" look on my face anymore.
5) I have more energy and find myself doing things around the house without even thinking about it that I would have had the kids do before.
6) My memory is better.
7) I was having frequent tension headaches and I have not had a single headache since my first day of cardio. WOW!!!
8) I have lost 3.5 pounds and a total of 12" off of this big ole body! Inches are over the last 2-1/2 weeks and a total of 8.5 pounds since starting back with Spark 3 weeks ago.
9) I am laughing more.
If all of that, including the fact that I just feel better and feel better about myself, isn't enough to convince me to continue with my workouts, then nothing will.
So if you need to find me, I'll be at the gym right after work! Stop in and give it a try!