Thursday, March 17, 2011
a pretty happy person. This is just how I've lived my life over the last couple years. I suffered greatly from bipolar disorder and major depression and decided one day to STOP. I do my best to control my own feelings. I suppose that seems like a random thing to write but as of late I have made a LOT of changes. Some of them aren't really connected to the whole eating way but then again maybe in a way they are.
First and most importantly- I've decided to open my heart to the Lord. I was baptisted as a Catholic however I never went any further. My Mother was of the mind set that she wanted us kids to make the ultimate decision. At the ripe age of 7 I decided that because my life wasn't "good" (troubled home) that there must not be a God. More than 25 years later, I realize that there MUST be a God. And quite frankly he's been very very good to me since I've come to this conclusion.
1. marriage is finally on the right track (almost 13 years into it but I"M SO GLAD I HELD OUT!!). I have never been as "IN LOVE" as I am right now. I'm so glad my husband has decided to take this journey with me.
2. I left a very unsatisfying job and went into a completely different field that I find way more suiting. I no longer work in a basement by myself all day long with no company and no sunlight! I get to actually use my "customer service skills". Which is nice. I like people!
3. In a new apartment. We really like it here (although it's more expensive)
4. I've been seeing everything in a new light
5. I've stopped weighing myself. All it did was color my day and quite frankly I'm ok with me. It's Lent and I have given up meat- except for feast days. This has given me a greater appreciation of the food I'm putting into my body.
6. As much as I loved my wigs, I've stopped wearing them. Although I felt "better" about myself when I wore them I've decided that it wasn't healthy to be so unhappy with myself. Maybe wearing them gave me a greater appreciation for myself too. Hard to explain but I'm glad that I don't feel the need to cover my head any longer. They served their purpose and maybe one day I'll wear them again but for now I'm content.
7. My puppies are getting big and have become excatly the snuggly dogs that I wanted.
I could go on and on. I am truly that happy about my life at this moment.