A Thursday Morning Prayer and Message!
Thursday, March 17, 2011
A Glorious Morning To SP Members! What a wonderful feeling to wake up each morning, smile and say, THANK YOU LORD!
PRAYER: "Heavely Father, Abiding God! Thank You Father for being near to all of us who call on You, and to all who call on You in Truth. We draw near to You, knowing that You are ever near to us. We confess the times when we doubted You were there, but we realize now that it was us who had moved away and not You. Please help us to pray more fervently, especially during the times when we do not hear an answer to out prayers. Help us to focus more on Your Word, and to trust You to deliver us from all doubts and fears. Your word is a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path. We Praise You! This we pray in Jesus' Precious name, Amen!"
MESSAGE: The Challenge To believe In Jesus Continues! (Mark 5:21-43).
1. There are many more passages of scripture about the destiny of men and the judgment, but I want to bring up only three more scriptures before we return to our story:
a. John 12:48 - Jesus is speaking, "He that rejests me and receives not my words, has me that judges him , the word that I have spoken, the same will judge him in the last day".
1. There are many today who turn their backs on God's truth.
2. There are some who only pick what they like out of the scripture and disregard everything else.
3. Jesus said in Luke 6:46, "And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say"
b. Luke 19:22 - Jesus is speaking in the Parable of the Ten Pounds, " Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked servant".
1. We will be judged for not doing the things we know we ought to be doing.
2. We will be judged also for doing the things we know we ought not to be doing.
c. John 5:24-25 - Jesus is speaking again, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on Him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation (judgment), but is passed from death to life. Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God, and they that hear shall live".
1. The destiny for all men set by God is either heaven or hell.
2. Jesus said in Matt 7:21, "Not everyone that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven".
3. Jesus said in Matt 7:13-14 - "Enter in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go thereat; but strait is the gate, and narrow is the way which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it".
2. What do you think about this? Do we want to go to heaven to see the glory of God and to live for him forever? Or, do we want to go tho hell and suffer for the rest of our life? God has given us what is required, and has given us today, the opportunity to choose. We will Continue our story Tomorrow!
May God help us all to make the right decision and give us the heart to fulfill it. In His Grace, Vic.