I am blessed to have a very supportive husband. We have been together 32 years and he has stood by me through all sorts of trials and tribulations. He is very supportive of my weight loss goals and provides a good amount of positive feedback to me to help me stay motivated. HOWEVER...He does NOT want me to talk about this thing all day, every day...LOL. For some reason, I get so focused on every step of the process and think he (and everyone else) will be fascinated by all I am doing and learning.
Fortunately, for my husband and the rest of my family, I found this site and now have an outlet where I can share with others who are here for the same reasons. I have never been into "social networking" before and this is my very first blog. I have a feeling, however, that it will not be my last one. It seems more reasonable to me to get whatever I need to get out here than to bore my family. At least my readers (if any) can just leave whenever they want to. My poor husband is a captive audience...LOL.
And so, I have decided there are several things my husband probably does not want or need to hear, especially on a daily basis:
1. "I am so excited! I just found this GREAT low-cal, low-fat, low-carb recipe!"
2. "Did you know that cinnamon curbs hunger?"
3. "Do you know how many calories are in that beer you are drinking?"
4. "Maybe we can exercise together?"
5. "Look!!! These pants are looser!!!"
6. "Can you tell I am losing weight? I mean, can you REALLY see the difference?"
7. "I know that's your favorite meal, but I really can't cook that anymore."
8. "Sorry, I can't sit and watch TV with you all night because commercials make me hungry."
9. "You should see all the information on SparkPeople!
and, most importantly....
10. "Maybe you should think about joining me in this weight loss/healthier lifestyle thing."
A good man is hard to find and this one deserves a break today. So, I will put my "stuff" here at SP and hopefully NOT make him too crazy as I proceed on this journey. Who knows, he might get motivated to join me anyway if I would just shut up about it!!! LOL