Well, I started this year with a list of goals I thought I would stick to. They were:
1. Follow correct portion size guidelines.
2. Get back into my regular exercise routine.
3. Help the cat to lose 3 lbs so she is less at risk for diabetes & other health issues.
4. Practice being more positive.
5. Fix my garbage disposal!!!
6. Fix up the gardens all around my yard.
7. Stay on top of the weeding in the vegetable garden....hahahahahahaha!
I have made positive changes but I haven't stuck to my list. (Do I ever? No.) Here's what I've done instead, which may even be better because I'm DOING them instead of just planning to:
1. Eat 6-8 servings of fruits & veggies daily.
2. Try new healthy foods.
3. Cook more healthy foods at home, saves money & I know exactly what goes into the foods so I can track it more accurately.
4. The cat is getting slimmer & is enjoying more active play.
5. The garbage disposal may stay broken. I've started a compost heap instead.
6. It's still way too early to work on the gardens but I have beautiful fragrant herbs flourishing in my kitchen window.
7. I know I won't be able to keep the weeds under control. So I won't be angry with myself if I don't. I will spend lots of time enjoying working in the gardens, & I will enjoy it all the more if I don't have unrealistic expectations. I'm also planning to grow mostly vegetables & herbs that I have had success with previously, & add just a couple new ones.
8. I have paid off two large bills.
9. I have seen rewards for my efforts at work.
10. I am working at being more positive. Part of that program is recognizing my own accomplishments & realizing that I am progressing & improving, even if I've strayed from my original list.