50,000-59,999 SparkPoints 55,261

Laugh or Cry

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Today was one of those days where I could either let things get to me or just look at the bright side and enjoy. It was one of those laugh or cry days. First let me tell you I am NOT a morning person. Well my son had a therapy appointment at 8 so I had to leave the house no later than 7:30 to get over to another city where his appointment was. I left the house and all the windows were covered in ice. Needless to say I had to wait to be able to see out of my windows before I could drive. Okay well that made us a little bit late but no worries we made it. He had is appointment and then I took him to school. Then I was going to go to Verizon to upgrade my phone. I've been waiting patiently for my tax return so I could get rid of my stupid phone that won't answer when someone calls. Anyway my daughter said she wanted to go so I went home to get her and my 3 year old son and 1 year old granddaughter.

Verizon was supposed to be quick and easy but it wasn't. I had a new employee who didn't know what he was doing. You see I used to be with Alltel but was forced to move over to Verizon. Not that its been really bad but I would not have chosen to do it. Anyway I still have my old Alltel plan even though I have a Verizon phone. I had been planning to get the iPhone now that its available on Verizon and had already asked if I was going to have to change my plan in order to upgrade. Now all the sudden when I'm ready to upgrade I get told I have to change my plan. Believe me I do not want to do this. I have a great plan and no matter what plan they offer me I'll be losing out. Well like I said my phone won't answer half the time and the other half I can't make phone calls so I chose to change my plan (which would make my already $200 bill go higher) so I could upgrade my phone. Now by this time my granddaughter and son were miserable and not in the mood to wait anymore. I told my daughter to take the baby and go run to the bank (an errand she needed to run) and then by the time she was back I'd be done. Wrong!

Now I'm standing there with an impatient 3 year old and a guy who is now trying to change my beloved plan to some other plan that's worse but its not working. Thankfully the guy offered my little Bug a pack of Cheetos and gave me a bottle of water but of course we were still waiting. Finally he admitted he was new and got some help. Now this new woman tells me I can't have the new Verizon plan because my third line is an Alltel phone and I'd have to upgrade that phone (at full price) to get the Verizon plan. That or I could give him the phone I was replacing and add on a data package to his line raising my bill even more. Second option keep the Alltel plan I have and just upgrade my phone with the iPhone. Uh hello that's what I wanted to do two hours ago when I came in. Apparently because I have an Alltel plan the guy needed to go through the system a different way for it to work. So finally after a couple hours I walked out of there with a new iPhone and my old plan. My bill will only go up a couple of dollars because of the insurance for an iPhone and even though it took forever I got exactly what I had wanted. I guess some people would be mad but I figure well hey I won in the end so why stress about it.

Well I wasn't mad but after that kind of day I really needed to release some tension so I decided it was time to run. I set up my iPhone with a new C25K app and with Pandora radio, shoved it in the new arm band I got, and headed out the door. It was a nice 55 degrees so I wore shorts and a t-shirt. It was a little chilly but I knew once I warmed up it'd be great. Normally I set out having already warmed up and with a specific route in mind today I just ran. I started out going the same direction I always do but then I turned down one street which ended up being a dead end so I cut through a yard and ended up on another street and just ran until that street ended. I just kept doing that. After a while my app told me I was half way done and I was kind of surprised because I wasn't really paying attention. I thought at that point I should turn around and go back the way I came. I was in a new neighborhood but I could still figure out what way was home. Well I really should have turned around but I didn't and ended up running 2 miles away from home before I started back. So of course after 2.72 miles the timer went off and I was done but I was still a mile from home. Yay now I had to walk home in the darkening, rapidly cooling evening. 3.7 miles later I was home and very cold but oh so relaxed.

Over all I really have to say that today was a good day. I had a lot of laughs and ended up finishing up week 7 with an extremely satisfying run. Today was a laugh or cry day. I chose to laugh and to run.
Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post