50,000-59,999 SparkPoints 55,206


Monday, February 07, 2011

Just a quick update on W7D1. I woke up feeling pretty good today and figured I must have done a good job taking medicine and getting to bed early last night. I had a slight cough but nothing I couldn't handle. I took some Dayquil to continue staving off the coming cold and went ahead to do my daily workout. My head felt a little stuffy while doing my warm up but I figured I'd just go out and run and see how it went. I warmed up and went out. It was nice and in the mid 40's so I just had my running pants and a short sleeved t-shirt on. It was a little chilly during my warm up walk but nothing too bad especially when I was in sun.

When I started running I thought how tired I was and that there was no way I was going to make it through the next 2.5 miles. I had chosen a new route for the day and by the time I hit the mile mark I had gotten into my groove. I wasn't thinking about my breathing or being tired I was just going and feeling good. I followed along the new route I planned and it was a motivator because the area was new and I had no idea what was around the next turn. There were no sidewalks which I'm used to running on so I was running in the grass but that is okay since my upcoming race is on gravel trails. I am always a little worried when I run off road since I'm a bit of a klutz and worried about tripping. I figure I need the practice though.

By about mile two I ended up back on a road I recognized and continued following my planned route. Then I found that going down one road I had planned was not going to work because it is gated off. So around mile two I had to turn around and go a different route. For some reason this threw me off and I really started feeling the fatigue. I checked the time (which I never do) and saw I had over 5 minutes left. I thought about how many times I had run 5 minutes before and that I had made it through the 25 minute run on Friday. I kept going and even though I was checking the clock every 45 seconds I made it through to the end. I don't know if it was because I don't feel all that great or if it was just hard today. Either way I'm glad I made it through. I ended up going 2.77 miles which included my warm up and cool down walks. It took 38 minutes and I'm still doing better on my timing even though I'm not trying to speed up.

When I got back things got worse I developed a fever and spent the rest of the day freezing. After a warm shower I tried to get some house work done but really I just want to get some rest. I'm glad tomorrow is a strength training day so its a bit more relaxed than my running days. For now I'm taking Nyquil and get some sleep.
Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post
    definitely don't exercise if still running the fever.. poor baby! emoticon
    2965 days ago
    I agree, give your body some time to rest. It can actually be detrimental to be working when your body so obviously needs to use its resources to get you over your funk. Go to sleep, get some rest (kinda wish I was sick this week so I could use that excuse). emoticon
    2965 days ago
    If you're still running a fever, don't do your strength training tomorrow. Give your body a chance to get better so you'll be ready for your run on Wednesday.
    2965 days ago
    Sounds like you started back a little too soon. Get better than you can ace your week 7. I got sick about the same time during c25k and so I understand your frustration.
    2965 days ago
    here's hoping you feel much better so sorry sick!
    2965 days ago
  • Add Your Comment to the Blog Post

    Log in to post a comment

    Disclaimer: Weight loss results will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as a typical result of following the SparkPeople program.