#452: One Streak Ends, Another Begins
Friday, January 28, 2011
My weight loss streak ended today.
But I am not deterred. I am more determined to lose the 1.2 pounds I gained this past week plus the one pound I advocate we aim for at a time.
For 17 consecutive weeks my weight went down, sometimes less than a pound, sometimes more than two pounds. Still, since 9/16/10 I am down 39.2 pounds. In 4 1/2 months. I'm happy with that. Wouldn't you be?
I knew I hadn't been drinking much water this week. Just didn't want it. I think that had a lot to do with the gain. Can't blame it on that time of the month. And wouldn't want to, thank you very much. No way I want to go through what ladies go through.
So, the short and sweet lesson of this past week is:
* I'm still down more than more than 61% toward my goal weight.
* I have a weekly weight loss record of 17-1, a winning record in any activity.
* I already have had nine glasses of water today.
* I have already exercised.
* I am below today's minimum for calories and not hungry.
* I am re-focused, determined and positive next Friday will begin a new winning streak.
My goal weight is within sight and I WILL grab the brass ring. Because I am a winner.
I CAN do this!
I WILL do this.
Wait and see.