ugh! difficult day

Thursday, January 27, 2011

well--the morning started with my dear old dog acting hurt. again. this is all it takes to throw a total wrench into my attitude all by itself. there is such a long history behind this, but suffice it to say--all it takes to throw my gut into a complete frenzy is seeing my beloved soda in pain. but we ate our plan breakfast and after rob left for work and she was safely confined to her bed with her pain meds on board, i put in my walking tape. About halfway through the first mile i felt awfully cold and realized the furnace wasn't working. shut off the tape, call rob, start the tape, stop the tape, answer the phone when rob calls back (twice), start the tape, stop the tape to take soda outside to go potty, start the tape, stop the tape, fool with the furnace, start a fire in the fireplace, close the doors and block up all the drafts--and on and on it went. that tape runs for one hour--and it took me two hours to complete it. i have no idea how much i actually walked, but i eventually made it through each mile.
so i called my friend, who i had promised to help set up a blog for her bed and breakfast, and decided to get the process underway over the phone. of course i set her account up with the wrong email, so that all had to be undone. by that time the furnace guy showed up--and the furnace worked fine. We decided to wait and see if it keeps acting up rather than replace the 250 dollar circuit board. since we are spending heavily on soda's vet bills at the moment it seemed like the best alternative. by this time it was lunch--and i bravely fixed a bowl of vegetable soup--looked at it and couldn't eat it. so my lunch consisted of 1/2 cup of non fat frozen yogurt and a tangerine. i made myself eat the tangerine just so i would have a fruit with the meal. things quieted down a bit in the afternoon, although my morning efforts to set up a blog account completely freaked out the computer and i couldn't log in to my OWN blog to update some information for the garden club. the machine actually posted the information to my friends NEW blog and it took me forever to figure out what had happened (only a phone call to rob finally provided the answer). So 30 minutes of posting a whole mess of events and all the text disappeared into thin air. happily the problem got fixed eventually and i was able to restore everything. but HOW UGLY the process was.
thursday is laundry day--did that get done? noooooooo.
i did manage to actually pull together a nice dinner for rob and a veggie burger with cheese and a nice sliced apple for me. so my calories ended up a bit low, and most of my targets were not met--but i DIDNT eat a bunch of crazy junk, and i was able to do my walking (at least a version of it) and we did boot camp when rob got home. so the day wasn't really a disaster from the spark point of view, but i really could do without days like this.
Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post

    Be the First to Add Your Comment to the Blog Post

    Log in to post a comment

    Disclaimer: Weight loss results will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as a typical result of following the SparkPeople program.