2011 - New Year, New (or reinforced) Outlook
Sunday, January 09, 2011
I have been thinking and I started thinking about what I would like for the new year of 2011. So I came up with a list of things I want to focus on, do, or want to become for 2011. This is just some of my random thoughts and they are not in any specific order except for the first one and it needs to stay number 1 always.
1. Put God first and foremost in all aspects of my life.
2. Be kind to myself and treat myself right.
3. Be kind to others too.
4. Love with all my heart.
5. Be generous and giving.
6. Smile. A lot. All the time. For no reason at all or for good reason.
7. Take care of myself - emotionally, spiritually, mentally, physically, and nutrionally.
8. Spend as much time as possible with those I care about and love. Life is too short and too precious to just let it slip by.
9. Don't worry. Be happy.
10. Be joyful.
11. Don't stress about the small stuff, the big stuff, or any other stuff.
12. Take care of what I can and let the rest take care of itself.
13. Tell those that I love and appreciate just how much that I love them and appreciate them.
14. Say "please", "thank you", and "you're welcome" and mean it.
15. Get my finances under control.
16. De-clutter my place. This includes getting rid of old magazines and mail and shredding what needs to be shredded.
17. Live. Laugh. Love. Play.
18. Exercise frequently.
19. Try to find the good in every person, situation, and circumstance.
20. Remember to treat myself and others with respect. Every person is valuable and has worth and should be treated as such.
21. Put others above myself.
22. Be light-hearted.
24. Volunteer and help others when I can.
25. Remember that every person I come in contact with is facing some kind of struggle. If not, they have either just came through a struggle or will be facing one soon. They are no different than me and need to be treated the way I would like to be treated.
We have the opportunity to touch someone's life every day that we live. I want that opportunity to matter to that person and possibly change their life forever. You never know when something you do or say is going to impact another persons life. I want the people that are placed in my path to be glad I was in their life. Sometimes we touch someone's life without even knowing it. I want to strive to live my life to the fullest and live it for God and
his glory and to do all I can to leave this world (hopefully years from now) a little better place.
I want to remember the important things in life and not worry about the rest and to truly make a difference. If I keep number 1 above then all the rest will fall in place.