I recommitted myself to living a healthy lifestyle in January 2010 and recently celebrated my
. At that time I was:
Weight: 182.2 lbs.
Body Fat: 37%
Chest (fullest part): 40"
Waist (above belly button): 38"
Hips (at hip bone): 45"
I ended 2010 at:
Weight: 169.8 lbs.
Body Fat: 33.7%
Fitness Minutes: 14,725
Chest (fullest part): 38"
Waist (above belly button): 33"
Hips (at hip bone): 41"
[Place holder for 2010 end of year pics]
During 2010 I lost:
Weight: 12.4 lbs.
Body Fat: 3.3%
Measurements (18.5 inches lost):
Chest (fullest part): 2"
Waist (above belly button): 5"
Hips (at hip bone): 4"
Bicep: 2" (total)
Thigh: 4" (total)
Calf: 1" (total)
What I gained:
Ate healthier more consistently.
Exercised more regularly.
Earned my Accounting Certificate, summa cum laude (3.87 GPA)
Spent time with my hubby on our training runs.
Set PR's in all the races I ran this year.
Ran 6 5K's, 1 10K (my first), and 1 8.48mi race event (my first).
Ran 3 of those 5K's with my daughter (and she placed in her age group 2ce).
Cheered on my son as he walked in 3 of the 5K's.
Increased the amounts of weight I am able to lift in strength training.
Increased my running distance up to 9+ miles.
Drank 8+ glasses of water 340 out of 365 days.
Things I'd like to work on during 2011:
* 15,000 Fitness minutes
* Gradually increase running mileage (overall and individual training runs).
* Run a 30-min or less 5K.
* Run in at least 5 5K's.
* Run in the Broad Street 10-mile Run in May.
* Run in the Atlantic City Marathon, 1/2 Marathon Event in October.
* Re-vamp my lifting routine & strength train consistently 3x/week.
* Try one new recipe a week.
* Modify some family favorite meals to make them pescetarian-friendly.
* Incorporate yoga, stretching, & pilates into my routine.
* Train for a triathalon (incorporate swimming & cycling into my routine).
* Try a new group exercise 1x at least every 3 months (ie. Zumba, BodyPump, Spinning etc.)
* Complete requirements for A.A.S in Accounting
* Enroll in an MBA program with a focus on forensic accounting & economic crime.
Starting stats for 1/1/11:
Weight: 169.6 lbs.
Body Fat: 33.6%
Best wishes to everyone on the 2011 journey!