2011 Goals & Intentions
Monday, January 03, 2011
In 2010, I set about 35 goals (25 or so I shared here on sparkpeople). I had, by far, the most successful year of my life. I'm scaling back a bit for 2011, but I do have some goals. Here they are:
For 2011, I have three BIGGER PICTURE goals.
1) To thine own self be true--stay in touch with what's important to me, what I need, and what I want, and act in a way that is aligned with that on a consistent basis.
2) Keep it simple--eliminate the excess drama, excess thinking, and excess stuff that's presently cluttering up my life.
3) Be here, now--whatever I find myself engaged in this year, be present for it and stay grounded in the moment.
I also have a few more concrete, specific goals for this year. They're fewer in number, but they're not less in quality and meaning. :-)
1) Read 36 books (or approximately one every ten days).
2) Revamp and expand the garden.
3) Compete in 2 triathlons and at least a few running races.
4) Run/walk at least 750 miles.
5) Meditate regularly.
6) Maintain a healthy weight.
7) Continue to abstain from alcohol and trouble foods.
8) Do things I want to do--don't do things I don't want to do.
9) Continue to work on a diet that works for me (I don't mean the weight loss kind of diet here since I am presently working on maintenance, but rather a regular eating routine).
10) Develop a budget and stick with it.
11) Do/find work that is satisfying and fulfilling and right for me.
12) Reduce technology time and accessibility/availability for others.
13) Write more--keep lists of gratitudes and joys.
14) Build a strenght training routine.
15) Learn three new subjects or skills.
I have so much to be thankful for in 2010, including the fact that this is the first year that I can ever remember not having "lose X number of pounds" as a goal. :-)
Best wishes, everyone, working towards your goals!