My Goals for the Next 8 Weeks
Monday, January 03, 2011
I'm not big on blogging. I do them randomly when the mood hits me. But since I challenged the SparkClass I'm leader of to do one I guess I better lead by example 'eh? No, I'm not Canadian but do like the 'eh!
Here's what I WILL accomplish the next 8 weeks:
1) Lose 2 pounds a week and I WILL achieve this by:
A) Eating less fast foods. I won't say I never will cuz I suck at cooking but I will
make a conscious effort to bring foods to work. I will increase my fiber also.
B) I will eat more fruits and veggies daily. But all I can say about cauliflower and
broccoli is "ack".
C) I will break my meals into 5 or 6 mini meals, 2 to 3 hours a part. This is how I
lost weight before.
D) Start a 21 day withdrawal program from Sweet Tea and chocolate, which I
still believe should be on the food pyramid.
2) In addition to the food plan, this is my exercise plan that I WILL achieve:
A) 30 minutes of cardio a day - minimum - how you ask:
1) Use my mini tramp - I love that thing and need to use it more
2) Use my DVDs that I've spent way too much money - many are still in their
3) Use my elliptical for more than a coat rack. Each day I will increase the time
that I am on it so that 20 minutes does not feel like a life time.
4) Walking - on the days that I can I will walk outside and get some natural
Vitamin D. On days I can I will go to the mall that has a path outlined or
walk my building at work as we've stepped it out so I know how many
steps and the miles.
5) Complete the 28 Day Boot Camp Challenge that I've started and stopped
2 times before.
B) Strength training
A) Boot camp videos for body parts
B) Kettlebell workout - I think I need to get some gloves that are stickier or
something though because last night I almost launched it through a
C) Alternating days for upper body then lower body and throwing core in
there because that's what I need work on the most
So there you have it. My plan for the next 8 weeks. They say it takes 21 days to break a habit or start a new one. I've got a lot to break but even better ones to start!
And at the end of the 8 weeks, when I've lost pounds I will celebrate with - well - I don't know yet. Depends on how much I lose. But it's going to be good!
Have a happy, healthy, fun 2011. Take time to celebrate being you. And remember God did not put us on this earth to be ordinary. It's time to shine!