Eleven for 2011
Monday, January 03, 2011
Here are my initial eleven ruminations thoughts and rants for 2011. I propose the following, your mileage may vary.
1. That all gyms ban TV's, cell phones and any other items which distract people from the business at hand of working out.
2. That all personal trainers be certified by something other than the gym where they work and sell memberships
3. That the number of cardio machines in any given gym be reduced 75% so members can get a quality workout and not simply put in time.
4. That the cardio zombies have an epiphany and realize that strength work is what they need for success.
5. That all bogus exercise infomercials be banned by the FCC as false advertising.
6. That people recognize that quality is more important than quantity when it comes to exercise programmes.
7. That the calorie counters realize that chasing calories burned is an exercise in futility and that counting calories in is a better choice.
8. That the Biggest Loser be made a pay per view only TV show so that it competes with Ultimate Fighting for viewers.
9. That Barbie weight based aerobics routines come with a disclaimer that they are not strength or circuit workouts.
10. That circuit training reclaims its rightful definition as strength work and not be assigned to any form of alternate exercise programme.
11. , That Jillian Michaels obtain a valid certification for each and every form of exercise proegramme she puts on a DVD
Feel free to add or subtract from this list as you see fit.