31 Days to Unbreakable Resolutions
Saturday, January 01, 2011
Okay, here we are, January 1, 2011. Not sure whether we are starting the second decade of this new century or not, I think we may have actually started it last year, but no matter, it is the day of all days to "begin," to turn the page of our lives and aim high. With all due respect to Spark, I don't think any resolution is "unbreakable," just ask me, I've broken them all..but, I do believe we can try our best to put ourselves in a position to succeed. As with all things, perfection is neither necessary nor attainable, but certainly we can always do better..
So today, Spark tells us:
If you haven't yet settled on your top goals for the year, do so today. Writing down your goals (in specific terms) means you're more likely to achieve them.
My goals for this year are pretty much the same as they have been for many:
1. Make good eating choices. This does not mean to never eat anything that is high in calories or fat or carbs, it just means to be aware of the food that is going into my body and keep track of it and stay within a calorie range. It means to no eat mindlessly. Well, that could be another goal altogether, but I do believe it belongs in the "good eating choices" goal because the goal itself calls for a consciousness that I only sometimes achieve..
2. Do cardio 30-45 minutes a day..but.. I have a twist. I have been reading Fitness magazine, and the January edition contains a "plan" that calls for 3 days of cardio and 2 days of ST a week. I have been seriously considering adopting this idea..but I would up it to 4 days of cardio and keep the 2 days of ST.. Still mulling it, will definitely make a decision on it by Monday, but I do know there is going to be a change up in the way I do things, because my old plan just did not work for me consistently enough to believe it was "it" for me.
3. Do ST at least twice a week, see above.
4. Weigh myself once a week.
5. Use the Spark trackers: food, exercise, weight and measurements, daily for food and exercise, weekly or as recommended for the weight and other measurements.
Will this year be any different than other years for me? Only time will tell, certainly, but one thing is definitely for sure..there is only one person who can make it work, and that is me, me, me.