OK, first things first, Happy New Year! Yes, traditionally 1 January is the day to make, and in my case, break resolutions for the coming year so I haven't actually made resolutions as such for years. Instead, I set goals and plan how I am going to achieve them. So, here are my goals for health and fitness for 2011 together with my starting measurements:
Weight: 11st 2.5lbs (156.5lbs)
Fat %: 30.8
The weight is the heaviest I've been for a while but to be expected given that I gave myself free reign over what I ate for the last 10 days or so. The cakes, biscuits and chocolate have almost all gone from the house now so I'll be ready to start again on Monday.
Yes, I'll be starting on Monday and not today to give me, and my kitchen cupboards, time to get back into the usual order.
So, on to my goals:
* I'd like to be down to my goal of 10st (140lbs) by my birthday trip to Walt Disney World in September but given my track record and usual goal of 1lb per month I'll be ecstatic if I get to 10st 7lbs (147lbs).
* I will, once again, be running Jane Tomlinson's Run For All 10k on 31 July 2011 to raise money for SNAPPY. Last year I completed the run in 1 hour 13 minutes and would like to get under 1 hour 10 minutes this year.
* I am hoping to take part in a Swimathon in April and hope to complete the 5,000m in under 1 hour 50 minutes.
* Finally, I would like to tone up the muscles in my arms (and the rest of my body) so that I don't feel self-conscious when wearing sleeveless tops in the summer, and on holiday.
Plan to achieve goals:
* I aim to lose 1lb a month as this allows me to have a higher calorie allowance. I have found that if I aim to lose more than this and restrict my calorie allowance to less than this I go off track a lot quicker. However, I may aim to lose the 4lbs I put on over Christmas in January but I'm not going to push it.
* Cardio exercise - 5 days per week alternating between swimming and running (either on a treadmill or outside).
Follow the 10k training programme on www.myasics.co.uk for the Run for All 10k.
Follow the Fitness training programmes on www.swimfit.com for the swimming.
* Strength training - follow training programme devised by the trainer in the gym after discussion of my goals.
* I will also be more active on my teams (especially those I am leader/co-leader of) so that I can give/receive support.
* I will blog at least once a week on SparkPeople, preferably daily to log fitness and nutrition achievements (and failures), as well as on my other personal and business blogs.
Here's wishing everyone a fantastic 2011. May you all achieve what you set out to achieve and may all your dreams come true.