What not to do! at the bottom of a downward spiral.
Tuesday, December 07, 2010
We all read them every day, these great blogs that are so encouraging, so positive, so helpful. I love those blogs, and I love when I can write one that is helpful to anyone. But this blog may not be one of those, this blog will be truthful and honest, and hopefully it will be inspiring for me, and I am hoping that it will help anyone else out there that is having a tough time.
If you keep up with me, you will know that I have a real battle with weight; it is the biggest hurdle in my life. I have many emotional and physical issues with food. I have made many strides to get things under control. I have had many successes in doing this, but I have also had many failures. I know we call this a lifestyle change, I know you are not supposed to deprive yourself, but if I don’t deprive myself, then I end up back in the same place that I started at. So for this blog instead of telling you all the things that I have done to loose weight, I will tell you all things NOT TO DO TO LOOSE WEIGHT!!! These are the things that have put me at the bottom of a very long and downward spiral!!!
I will list all the things that set this ugly thing into motion.
1. I started skipping workouts, at first it was just once in a while, then once a week, then 2-3 times a week. DON’T SKIP WORKOUTS!!!!
2. I said to myself, I can do this with out tracking my food. NO I CAN’T, I HAVE TO TRACK EVERY BITE EVERY DAY!!!
3. It’s ok to have candy! NO IT’S NOT FOR ME! ONE LEADS TO 20!!!!
4. I stopped commenting on blogs, and other people success or failures; I don’t need to log in today. SPARK IS AMAZING SUPPORT, USE IT!!!!
5. I stopped pre-planning and preparing my own meals. BEING PREPARED IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THIS!!!!
6. What will one trip to jack in the box hurt!!! NO FAST FOOD, I AM LIKE A JUNKIE IT SENDS ME DOWN A VERY BAD PATH!!!
7. I don’t want to be a pain, and order my meals custom to my needs. I AM PAYING FOR IT, IF I WANT IT WITH OUT SAUCE AND BUTTER, THAT IS HOW I AM GOING TO GET IT.
8. I am not hungry in the mornings, why should I eat breakfast if I am not hungry! I NEED BREAKFAST, IT STARTS MY DAY OFF ON A HEALTHY NOTE.
9. I don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings, by turning down there homemade food or treats. IF YOU GET YOUR FEELINGS HURT BECAUSE I CHOOSE LIFE OVER DOUBLE FUDGE BROWINES, THEN THAT IS YOUR PROBLEM.
10. I don’t want to prepare 2 different dinners every night. JUST DO IT!! I AM ALREADY IN THE KITCHEN, I HAVE A VERY PICKY GROUP OF KIDDOS, BUT THAT DOESN’T MEAN THAT I HAVE TO EAT WHAT THEY WANT!! STEAM SOME BROCCOLI WHILE YOU ARE MAKING THERE MAC AND CHEESE, IT WONT KILL YOU!!!
So I have gained 15 pounds!!! Yes you read that correctly! I have not exercised, I have not tracked, I have ate any and everything that I want!!!! I have excuses, but you know what they say about excuses!!! I have had some health issues going on, but having an un-healthy diet sure is not going to help anything!!! Getting no physical activity is not going to make me feel better!
I woke up this morning and I worked out!!! I prepared my breakfast and lunch. I will print this out and read my do’s and don’ts when I am having a tough time. I can do this, I can loose weight with the best of them. I have lost and kept off 180 pounds!!! I have a goal in mind, and I know what to do to achieve this goal.
I want to thank all you lady’s that support me each day. Thank you all so much for the goodies, for the comments, for the drop ins, I love each and every one of you.