FIREMAN365

SparkPoints
 

80 / 20

Thursday, December 02, 2010

I read a great blog today of another SPARK member and is was really good. https://sparkpeo.hs.llnwd.net/e1/myp
age.asp?id=GRACE2GRACE
She is todays chosen motivator. She talks about making the right choices 80% of the time and living your life the other 20%.

What an awesome way to look at life. Is anyone 100% perfect in any single aspect in their life? I don't think so. Two examples for me;
1- I know that I'm not the perfect fiance 100% of the time.
2- I'm not a perfect firefighter 100% of the time. I do strive to be the best that I can at both. Because I don't achieve 100 % perfect at either one does not make me a failure. It makes me human. We all have to keep in mind that most things that we choose to do, or choose to not do are not singly going to change our world. It is the power of the 80% that gets things done. Consistency is the key. Last night for me fell into the 20%. I made a conscious decision that I was going to go over on my calories. My fiance and I went for dinner at a local supper club and I ordered a rack of ribs, with veggies on the side, salad with blues cheese on the side, and baked potato without butter. I know that all will be OK. I don't usually go over my calories when we go out to eat. (except for sodium, thats a whole other story).
I ate the ribs, veggies, salad with about 2 TBS of dressing, and half the potato with 2 TBS of sour cream. It was delicious.

Remember emoticon

fireman365
Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post
  • no profile photo CD5473425
    I had almost the identical restaurant dinner on Tuesday. But even dinner out doesn't have to kill the calorie count. I cut back (not eliminating) on breakfast and lunch, avoided any mid day snacks and had the half rack of ribs with vegetables on the side.
    3849 days ago
  • DAREDEVIL23
    thanks for sharing
    3849 days ago
  • Add Your Comment to the Blog Post

    Log in to post a comment


    Disclaimer: Weight loss results will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as a typical result of following the SparkPeople program.
 

More Blogs by FIREMAN365