100 Things About Me
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Alright so it is becoming evident how bored I am today. So this is a list about me I posted on my personal blog a few years back. I have gone through and changed some things and added some things. So enjoy. All you ever wanted and maybe didn't want to know about me awaits you..
1. I was born in Scotland and we moved to Canada when I was 3
2. I am a UK Citizen even though I spent most of my life in Canada and now the USA
3. I have 2 older brothers. One has been estranged for a very long time and the other I was very close to my whole life until the last few years. I have faith though that time WILL heal all wounds
4. My mum passed away Nov 21st 1996. I miss her more than I ever thought possible
5, My dad got remarried in 2004 to a wonderful lady
6. I have 6 nephews from mine and Chris's families. I miss them all desperately especially my brothers kids back home in Canada
7. I had a cat growing up. He died when he was 15, his name was Sparky
8. I have a dog now, her name is Belle and she was a Valentine's Day gift from Chris back in 2004
9. I am a HUGE hockey fan, the Edmonton Oilers are my favorite team
10. I also love baseball. I am a Seattle Mariners fan
11, I am also a football fan and love the Seattle Seahawks
12. If it it isn't obvious, Chris and I are sports nuts
13. I have been married to Chris for 6 years
14. We met on a Christian dating site back in 2001
15. We moved from Seattle to Boston in 2004 five days after our wedding
16. I love fall
17. I love winter more, I am really going to miss the snow
18. I am a coffee addict
19. Chris worked for Starbucks for 8 years, his free pounds of coffee and in store discounts were AMAZING and I miss those perks
20. My favorite drink at Starbucks right now is a Grande, nonfat, no whip, pumpkin spice latte
21. My usual is a Venti Skinny Cinnamon Dolce Latte
22. I love Christmas time, I am like a kid
23. I love to read
24. My favorite author is John Grisham
25. I love movies
26. My favorite movie is The Princess Bride
27. Good Will Hunting is a close second
28. I love music
29. My favorite singer is Sarah McLachlan
30. I have seen her in concert 9 times
31. My favorite band is U2, I have seen them in concert twice
32. I have played the trumpet/cornet since I was 7 years old
33.I love classical and brass band music
34. I love jazz
35. I love Wynton Marsalis and Chris Botti
36. Not a lot of people know the above 4 things about me but it is one of the few things I am super passionate about
37. I have a Scottish accent, but it only comes out when I talk to my dad or brother
38. My american friends and family think I have a "Canadian" accent
39. My favorite hockey players are Ryan Smyth and Doug Gilmour
40. I love camping but not in the mountains
41. Getting eaten by a bear or cougar is not my idea of fun
42. I dye my hair often, reds and plums
43. I love taking pictures and am considering taking a photography course
44. I have lived in Scotland, Ontario, Alberta, British Columbia, Washington, Massachusetts and now Oregon
45. I have lived in 3 different countries
46. I am VERY shy until I get to know people. Especially in large groups
47. I have had many a person perceive this as snobbiness
48. My favorite colors are blue, pink and purple
49. My eyes are blue
50. I talk in my sleep
51. I love apple juice and orange pop
52. I love Cosmopolitans and beer
53. I love brussel sprouts. Weird I know, but I really do. At my 16th birthday party my friend Lori and I had brussel sprouts with cheese sauce, my mum thought we were crazy.
54. I have a phobia of people hiding behind shower curtains. Every time I go to the bathroom at home or at other peoples houses I ALWAYS check behind the curtain just in case.
55. My friends are VERY important to me. There are a select few I really let see the "real" me and I would be lost without them.
56. A few years ago I fell out of a bus and severely sprained my ankle. It was really embarrassing since the bus was full of high school students. Stop laughing, it sucked! Ok you can laugh...
57. I use to hate wine. Then I met Chris's grandma and she pretty much got me drunk on wine the first night I met her and there was no turning back.
58. I have grown to love the United States. It has its flaws but it has become my home and I will be proud to raise little Americans
59. I have to have water by the bed at night. Even if I don't drink it I need to know it's there just in case.
60. I want to live in Colorado. It reminds me a lot of home
61. Going for coffee is one of my favorite things to do
62. I love road trips. I could get in a car and just drive with no destination
63. I love the feeling of being comfortable in silence with a friend. I think it speaks volumes about your connection
64. I love animals
65. I love scrapbooking
67. Greys Anatomy is my favorite TV show
68. Animal Planet is my favorite channel
69. I never put the cap back on the toothpaste
70. I also rarely replace the toilet paper roll
71. I am terrified of flying. I cry every time and don't sleep for almost the whole week before because all I can do is think of all the things I am convinced will go wrong
72. I love to write and it is one of my life goals to write a book. With all the things I have been through I definitely have the material.
73. It is sometimes hard to get to know me and it takes me a while to really trust someone. However once I get past that point I am very loyal, sometimes to a fault.
74. Even though we don't have kids yet Chris and I have had our kids names picked out for years
75. When I lose all my weight I plan to get a tattoo in honor of my mum
76. My mum was a great lady and she is my biggest inspiration to want to get healthy
77. I am a Christian but my faith is not what it once was. I am very private about it
78. I HATE the rain, someone please tell me why I moved back to the Pacific Northwest!?!?!?!
79. The Oregon Coast is one of my favorite places EVER and Chris and I hope to retire there someday.
80. Before I met Chris I had no desire to learn to golf. He is an avid golfer and I have learned to love the game of golf and it is something we really enjoy doing together
81. When we first met I viewed him as nothing more than a friend, but the more time we spent together and talked it became clear to me that he was the love of my life
82. I have been through a lot in my life but I wouldn't change a thing. All of it has made me who I am and led me to where I am. Ok maybe I would change a few things. I definitely have regrets but I try not to let them define me
83. I am VERY gullible. I guess I just assume people are honest, why would they lie to me? lol
84. I have more blonde moments than I care to admit, but at the very least it keeps those around me entertained
85. When I was a kid I wanted to be a veterinarian
86. I had planned on attending University (college as you Americans call it) to major in music but once my mum passed away my life took a drastically different path.
87. I once played in an Orchestra and would love to do so again
88. Newport, Rhode Island is one of my favorite places on the east coast and I highly recommend a visit if your ever out that way
89. My dad, my brother and my grandfather all have the exact same name. David Campbell Floyd
90. My maiden name is Floyd and my nickname in jr high and high school was Pinky...get it?
91. My middle name is Angela
92. My highest weight was 248 pounds
93. My lowest weight was 119
94. When I reach my goal I really REALLY want a makeover
95. I am TERRIFIED of thunder and lightning storms
96. I love falling asleep to the sound of rain
97. I love watching true crime shows on tv. I think if I could handle the gore of it all I would have been a CSI.
98. I have a VERY dry sense of humor. A lot of people just don't get it
99. I have driven across the United States twice
100. I have been to the Baseball and NFL Hall of Fames but somehow have never been to the Hockey Hall of Fame
PHEW! Hope you made it through all of that without falling asleep! :)