Wednesday, November 10, 2010
OK, baby steps. Logged in for the second day in a row. It's a start, right? A few updates ... lots going on these days.
1. Weight's at a high, and I'm super pissed about it. Totally my fault. Taking responsibility.
2. Back in boot camp. New instructor doesn't seem as hard as the old one, but it was my first class today so it's too early to judge. 'Not as hard' doesn't mean it was a cake walk. I counted about 100 squats along with running, abs, band work, etc.
3. Dating someone (!) ... Funny how a boy can make every insecurity come raging up to the surface. To his credit, my weight neuroses haven't come up once. He tells me he likes how I look and doesn't understand why I want to cover everything up whenever possible.
4. Back to Spark and overall behavior. Trying to track calories, or at least my exercise. Also trying to cut out the sweets, though #3 above there makes that rather difficult as it's still all about dining out and bottles of wine and pizza & movie nights.
5. Still traveling like a madwoman. Off next week to New Orleans, and December brings a week in Cartagena, Columbia, plus a week at home with holiday baking in full force. It'll be difficult, but I'm feeling pretty committed.
6. Experimenting with behaving and not being obsessed with tracking everything. See #4. Hasn't worked so well in the past, but this time I'm trying all things in moderation. Or at least more things in moderation. Obsession doesn't become me.
7. Big changes going on at work. I haven't been happy in awhile, but I'm working toward a solution. May end in me being home more, which could make my inner Creature of Habit more peaceful, which could make this journey to non-obesity easier. Unless I start climbing the walls because I'm stuck in town for more than a week at a time. Time will tell.