I've seen alot of message board posts and blogs about people not being able to resist the Halloween Candy. So I thought I'd try to write a fun blog about all the crazy ways we can beat the battle of the candy. I figured if I made it silly and fun, I'd enjoy resisting the candy with all my Spark Friends!
15 WAYS TO BEAT THE BATTLE OF THE HALLOWEEN CANDY
1. Open up all the candy. Put in a large bowl. Add sardines, garlic, onion, Limburger cheese, and any other odiferous foods you can find. Mix well. Take small taste. You'll never eat Halloween candy again.
2. Place all candy in the bottom of the diaper genie for a few days. Shouldn't be a problem after that.
3. Package candy in sandwich ziploc bags. Take with you to movie theater. Hand out to other patrons outside the door so they can bypass the theater snackbar prices.
4. Open all the candy and add to your composting pile. (yes, believe it or not, you can do that as long as you break it up into small pieces!)
5. Mix all candy together; put in large baking pan and melt it all into one big disgusting blob. Hmm, not so appetizing anymore.
6. Donate to soldiers overseas (not funny, but definately an excellent use of the candy.)
7. Stuff all the candy in a pinata and offer to bring to a friend's or child's birthday party.
8. Got someone at work you're not too fond of? Put all your candy in a basket, with a note saying "for a real sweetie" (no signature) and leave on their desk.
9. Open all the candy, then take your kids out to a field, and use a slingshot to shoot the candy into the trees.
10. Put a picture of yourself at your heaviest (preferrably a picture you hate or are ashamed of) sticking out of the bowl of candy as a visual "stop sign"
11. Make your gingerbread house early with all the Halloween candy.
12. See if a local dentist sponsors a buy-back program to get a little holiday spending cash.
13. Have your spouse hide all the candy (in a tough spot to find) and not tell you where it is. If/when you do find it, bring it back to him/her to hide again. Make it a ongoing competition.
14. Challenge yourself to see how long you can go without eating any of the candy (make some kind of challenge sheet or log and post right in front of the candy). Make sure you come up with a terrific prize for meeting a certain goal.
15. And if all else fails . . . THROW IT AWAY! If you eat it, you're only "wasting" it in your body (as fat), so don't feel guilty about "wasting" it in the trash.
Any other good ideas? Feel free to post in the comments!