Tomorrow is November 1st - exactly two more months left of this year.
Like many of us on SP, we started out in January 2010 making goals, lists and updating our spark pages with dreams of losing weight.
I have to say that this is the first year that I have actually achieved "part" of my goal. I was supposed to reach 200 pounds in June 2010...that didn't happen until October 2010. I don't want to focus on the goals that I didn't meet so far... I want to focus on the goals I have met.
* Lost 10% of my body weight
* Ran 4 or 5 5k races
* Got my son and our family more involved at our church
* Took my multivitamins regularly
* Increased my water intake regularly
Now, my Turbo Kick Class is offering a Biggest Loser Contest for the next 8 weeks and I am going to participate. I think this will give me added motivation to reach my goal of weighing 190 pounds by the end of the year, and reaching my 15% loss of my body weight.
My strategy is going to be based upon what worked the best for me over the summer:
* Drink 8-10 glasses of water daily.
* Burn 500-700 calories a day with cardio or strength training or a combo of both.
* Reach my 300 mile goal of biking, running, walking by the end of the year. 75 miles left.
* Track my weight loss here on Sparkpeople each week.
* Cut back on carbs and eat more protein, veggies and fruit.
* Stay away from a lot of salty foods like canned soups, chips, pretzels.
* Portions need to be smaller and more often throughout the day.
Here's to a successful rest of 2010!!!