Five Proudest Personal Accomplishments
Sunday, October 31, 2010
If I asked you to list the 5 things you are most proud of accomplishing for yourself, could you do it? Could you list those things in a heartbeat? Or would you have to think and think to come up with 5? Would you keep trying to say things like "I raised a great kid" or "I am proud of my DH/DD/DW/DS for ..."?
Here is my list. It took me about 5 minutes to come up with it. And yes, I had to work to make them be about me, not about others. But I did it!
5 Proudest Personal Accomplishments
1. Finishing my first marathon
2. Going to and completing Grad School
3. Speaking up for myself when a person very dear to me was saying and doing things that really hurt me
4. Saying "no" to a boss who expected me to do his work and mine for my pay
5. Moving across the country to take a job in a city I had been in for less than 48 hours, didn't know anybody at that new place, and had a child to bring along.
In thinking this over, I think I know why I am proudest of these things. They have defined me. And they have made me respect and appreciate myself so much more.
So can you do it? What are your Five Proudest Personal Accomplishments?