I have been terrible this month also. I have only lost one pound! I do have a lot of reasons why stress has just had a field day with me.
1) My health-- legs and feet just decided they wanted not to work at all --I was diagnosed with Osteoarthritis in my legs and hips--given 4 injections--one in each hip and one in each knee!
2) Then I started having female problems again all of a sudden. This was strange as I was told a year and a half ago that I would not be doing this any more, and that the
factory was shut down for good! Bed rest was on my agenda for awhile!
3) Work had a drastic change as my boss retired and I received another one. My work week went from working night shift to working 2nd shift to working day shift and back to night shift all in a week!
4) My sister moved and guess who's family had to help? You got it!
Excuses, excuses they could go on forever! Yes it was a really bad month for me! I would love to
to the curb!
Now for the positive!
1) My legs, feet, and hips are better, and I am ready for round two!
2) Female problems I hope are resolved as there is no cancer, and I am over the scare of unexpected pleasures occurring in my life
3) I have a new boss that was concerned enough about my having to miss work that she asked "How can I help you, and she listened!" I now work mostly the middle shift which is really great the week that I get a weekend off, as I have Thursday through Sunday off!
finally some "ME TIME!" I have every Thursday and Friday off and that is something I can bank on!
4) Mom and dad are better and it means a lot! I have had another wonderful trip with them.
I have not too long returned from what people in the flat land of NC call "God's Country" or "Heaven!" I think I live in a state that can't get any better than this! See what you think?
Here are some of my pictures and I hope you enjoy:
First stop--Lake Lure, NC. Remember the movie "Dirty Dancing?" Well this is the lake that the movie was filmed at.
I've been here many times and each time I come there is always a magical, romantic air about the place. There are boat rides around this lake daily except in the winter months and they will be glad to show you where Patrick Swazey (spelling ?) and the girl that played "Baby" actually shot some of their scenes. Also where other movies were filmed such as "Fire Starter." Just around the corner at "Chimney Rock" the movie "The Last of the Mohicians" was filmed and that is another trip all by itself!
This is the inn that Patrick and the girl that played as baby stayed when they were making the movie. Nice--- but this lady can not afford!!!
Some of the beautiful flowers that were blooming this time of year.
Pictures of some of the streams on our trip.
My mom drives when we start getting in this next altitude, because April loves the mountains and their beauty, but she has some sort of phobia that grabs her at this height! Something about being able to put your hands out the window of the car and touch the clouds in the sky does it every time!
Now entering "Nantahala (an indian name) National Forest"
Stay tuned for more in "God's Country" Part ll as I always save the best for last! Get a preview as I change my profile picture!
Have a wonderful and progressive day!