9/30/10--Stress Busters: End of Week 1/Beginning of Week 2
Thursday, September 30, 2010
This week was very busy again. I have barely been at home. I once again let myself gain. I am back up to 163 from 161.4. I am stuck in this plateau and keep fluctuating between 161 and 164. I know I haven't eaten very well lately as a result of the fridge being down again, meaning I can't keep groceries at the moment. :(
The wonderful thing about this past week is that I have been able to greatly reduce my stress when closing at work using the methods I listed last week. I am so excited about this! I think if I can take some time and get a whole bunch of my homework done in advance I can reduce a lot more stress.
Here are my end of week 1 goals for reducing stress by the end of this challenge:
1. Accept that I can't "do it all" or be perfect at work.
2. Go for a walk (or do some other form of exercise) for at least 15 minutes each day. (I will start with a short amount of time, since I struggle to find time to exercise, and will gradually work my way back up to an hour like I used to.)
3. Track nutrition daily.
4. Limit my sweets to one a day.
5. Read each night before bed to relax and unwind from the day. (Hopefully this will lead to better, more restful sleep.)
6. Spend at least 30 minutes on homework each day, unless I am not home at all that day.
I feel these steps will contribute to a feeling of well-being and accomplishment, and thus help me to feel less stressed on a daily basis.
For week two, I am to pick a couple of stress-reducing activities I can incorporate into my day. One, as I mentioned in my goals, will be to take a walk every day, even if it is only a 15-minute walk. The second technique is not one that is listed as a suggestion, but I am substituting it in because it makes more sense for me than some of the others listed. It will be to read for a little while every night before I go to bed to relax, even if everything I wanted to get done that day is not completed. This was also one of the goals I set.