My listy list
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
I have decided that I am a goal oriented person. So to help motivate myself a la post breakup, I’m starting over. Oh you need some background, right?
So me and the guy I was dating have ended things. Actually, I got dumped. It knocked the wind out of me and made me upset, but I am looking back at it now and realizing that the relationship I was in was not healthy. I had gained weight and gotten too comfortable with not having a schedule because he is a musician. That is so not me. I need to have a 6am wake up time, coffee, work and all that.
I cried. I was super sad. Then I got super angry. Then I got super motivated. This is my time to step up and recharge.
I decided to make a small list of goals. Then I told my friends about my list. It is amazing how much more motivated I am if I tell people I’m doing something. I decided to quit smoking over the summer and have been 65 days without a cig because I told everyone and their brother about it.
So here is my new motivating list:
1. Get healthy
3. Find a new hobby
4. Stay in touch with friends / family better
1. As for getting healthier, I have been working hard and dropping a few pounds. I don’t drink during the week anymore and I am planning my meals. As for exercise, I’m giving it my all. Tonight, I’m going to a belly dancing class! EEK!
2. I have joined a local volunteer organization so they can send me emails when they need people. This Saturday morning, I’m going to be a cheerleader at the Women’s Marathon. Even though I have to be there at 6am, I’ll be cheering on women who I respect.
3. I ordered a painting kit yesterday. My Grandmother is an artist so I’m going to try my new skills!
4. I’ve been sending a text each day to someone I haven’t talked to in a while. I am also sending out some cards to family members.
It’s a short list, but it’s stuff to work on. So just you get down, make a list, spread it around and get to work!