Thanks for the well wishes

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for their comments and goodies. Yesterday was the weirdest day. I felt fine in the morning! I had a hair appointment, for highlights (so not just your average few minute hair cut), but where I live I have to drive about a half hour to the salon. So, as long as I'm going to town (don't I sound like I'm from the little house on the prairie or something?) I decide to run errands while I'm there. So I go to BJ's to get cat food so my little one, all 18 pounds of her, won't starve. While I'm wandering around the store, I start feeling a little 'off'. My stomach was a bit upset and I felt really hot and a touch shaky. So I hurry and check out so I can sit in my car and see if it passes. I felt a little better when I was sitting so I thought I'd be ok. Off to my hair appt...

I walk in and thankfully I'm friends with the girls at the salon (I can't imagine how this all would have played out had they been strangers) so I asked if they had any Tums, which they did. So I munched on some of those and go sit in the chair and she starts to put the "gown" over me and I break out sweating. So she offered me one of their wrap around gowns to wear instead of the sweatshirt I had on and I went back and changed. Much better.... so she starts my hair... wouldn't you know, once my head is half covered in foils, I start feeling very sick to my stomach and shaky! She brings me a garbage can, just in case...lol So I kept leaning forward in an attempt to "curl my knees up" to help with the stomach ache. She just told me she'd move with me.... what a sight I must have been.

So by the time she finishes foiling my hair, I'm feeling horrible. They have the 'waxing' room so I went in there while I was processing and put me head down. NOW I get very cold... of course I can't put my sweatshirt back on cuz I have a head full of foils and color! I got a Sierra Mist, closest thing to Ginger Ale they had and sipped at that... wrong thing to do. That made me get sick... what a day. So finally when I was done processing she hurried to rinse and wash up my hair, trim it and dry it for me. Now, like I said, imagine this if I'd been in a salon full of strangers!

I had all kinds of plans for more errands after my appt but decided the only thing I HAD to do was pick up a script from the pharmacy. So that's exactly what I did and came home... once I got home I took a nap, for over three hours. Woke up and felt somewhat better but still not great, and was afraid to eat anything. I finally decided on a Weight Watchers ice cream cone at 10:30 at night.

Now this morning I feel better...not perfect but WAY better than yesterday! It's so strange, I have no idea what it was or why it hit me. But thanks again to all of you that were kind enough to send well wishes! It's nice to know people care!!

Ok, now that you've read my silly story, I wish all of you a very happy and productive Sunday! Enjoy your day!!

Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post
    I'm sorry to hear you had a touch of stomach flu or food poisoning. I hope you feel better soon.
    3899 days ago
    I'm so sorry to hear about your "off" day. Thank heavens you're feeling better! Be good to yourself and get some rest. We're all rooting for you!! emoticon Let us know how you're doing.. Mish
    3901 days ago
  • Add Your Comment to the Blog Post

    Log in to post a comment

    Disclaimer: Weight loss results will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as a typical result of following the SparkPeople program.

More Blogs by DRURY23