Monday, September 06, 2010
Ok, it's not that rainy, but the sky is gray, it's windy, and a lot colder- only 58 degrees. I feel kind of achy, but I'm sure I'm still too young for the weather to effect how I feel. I bought a sleeveless wetsuit so I can extend my stand up paddle boarding into less than fabulous weather, but I can't drum up any motivation to go out in this weather, which makes me feel guilty about not just getting out there. My, my, I'm being such a whiner.
Time to focus on what I need to do.
1. Go to Costco for vitamins, and low cal. snacks for next week so I don't resort to chocolate when I get hungry in the afternoons.
2. Replace the furnace thermostat so I don't have to worry about it when the weather really gets cold. (Done√)
3. Walk the dogs
4. Finish the last wall display in the classroom and organize materials for the first 3 days of school.
I still feel like a loser because I haven't paddled for two days and this will be the third. I better think of a few things I've done that do take me towards my goals.
1. Rode my bicycle 7 miles to work on my classroom two days ago (I peddled up some pretty big hills)
2. Walked the dogs
3. I've stayed in my calorie range 6 of the last 7 days, and the day I went over was less than 100 extra calories.
4. My classroom is going to be in better shape to start the year than ever before and I've only been spending 2 to 5 hours per day working on it rather than 10 to 14 like in years past. Finally, I've learned to work smarter and balance my personal and work time!
I love my new Stand Up Paddle board, but I don't have to be on it every day. It's not like I'm going to walk away from it if I don't use it every day. I will be using it again this week! I can use it this weekend, too! I can also ride my bike, and the dogs always need their walks. It's all exercise and I can keep my focus on balancing teaching with an active lifestyle. Ok, I feel better.