Over a third of the way there......
Monday, August 23, 2010
I calculated today that I have lost a total of 18% of my starting body weight. I have lost a total of nearly 50 pounds...... I am over a third of my way to my goal weight of 140.
I had expected to have lost a little more than the 10 pounds I shed over the past two months. I was disappointed to do the math, but realized as I spoke to my doctor that it was OK. Slow and steady is the only way to do this. Every other way I have tried has failed. Do I really expect quick results to last?
We can never get what we have never had unless we do what we have never done.......
I am so proud of myself. At the rate I am going, I will be at my destination by my 40th birthday next summer. When I think about that I am amazed......
if anyone had told me that I would look just as good on my 40th as I did on my 21st -- hell, better, now that I think about it! -- I would have died laughing.
But it is up to me to keep going and make it happen.... so I make a vow now to:
1. Continue logging in daily, not just to maintain my sanity but to help encourage others to keep theirs!
2. Keep drinking that water! Lots of it, all of it, everyday!
3. Continue to remember that I am only human and that humans do stupid things to themselves once in a while. The key is to also remember not to do it again!
4. Exercise! Go to the gym as often as I can for as long as I can.
5. Shake my body up!! Flip the script, and do something new --- a Zumba class or a weight training class...... dust the kettlebells off and REALLY get into them!
6. Relax and stop watching the calendar......my day WILL come.
7. Remember to help others along the way. I know from experience that it is not easy to do this ..... but I also know from experience that IT CAN BE DONE! Share it with everyone you can!
8. Stop worrying about sizes and what part of the store you can or can't shop in. Enjoy the way your clothes fit each day and pat yourself on the back for "shrinking" into them.
9. Make the best choices you can when it comes to food. You are the only one controlling the fork and what goes on it.
10. Love myself in some way every day.... even if all I do is something small like treat myself to a bubble bath or BIG like get that massage I always wanted. Now that I finally realize I AM worthy of a little extra now and then, I need to give myself permission to be spoiled!