When life hands you lemons, make lemonade
Enter: the lemons
Ok, on the one hand it seems I went looking for this, because of the extreme pain in my back. On the other my tendency to be a workaholic makes me regret complaining. But then again, on the other hand, the pain makes it difficult to work. Already I say but ... but ..., but my body tells me loud and clear "no!"
Monday I will pick up the papers from the doctor putting me on disability for 4-6 weeks. I am reminded why when I try to sit at my regular desk, and desktop and my neck/shoulder go into spasm. Thank goodness I bought my cute little netbook during my last bout with the back had me out on disability (Feb. 2009).
My plan to keep up with my physical therapy routine is being compromised by my neck/shoulder pain. I have been unable to keep up my intervals. Alright. I need to take the lemons and make lemonade.
Plan B (since plan A has been set aside for the time being)
1. Eat healthy - make sure at least 5 fruits/veggies daily
2. Add the water to make the lemonade - at least 8 glasses daily
3. PT stretches daily, if it hurts, go gentle, and save the harder ones for a better day.
4. Keep on moving: Remember Dorries's line: "Hey Mr. Grumpygills, when life gets you down, you know what you gotta do? Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming swimming.
5. Stay positive. Keep positive. Think positive. Be positive.
6. Maintain weight loss success. Hold onto it, don't let it go. Adjust food intake to movement.
7. Do what I can to make me feel better (TENS unit, ice, heat, jacuzzi), and stay strong.