100,000-149,999 SparkPoints 100,502

Whew! What a Stressful Day!

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Well, I did cut the salmon up, but then I read and went to sleep, no WATP or bath...... Drove home yesterday, to find we had no internet.... ooooh Withdrawal big time!!

Anyway, have the with me. Made us all a nice big breakfast today and then g.d. and I did the WATP.... she is skinny and young, and she found it hard! I did too, but I did it all... Then I read and the kids did playdough and then I showered expecting their grandfather to make them lunch, but he was calling Telus to find out why we had no internet... Next thing, g.son comes running down the hall screaming, "I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry...I hurt my sister" and some more unintelligible stuff.... I came up the hall in my towel to find g.d.'s shin bleeding. I looked in the br and he had thrown ball into the air and smashed the light shade and because g.d. was sitting on the bed, she got several cuts. I took her to bathroom and cleaned it up to see it was quite a wide gash and still bleeding. I didn't know what to do here in the boonies.... so I called someone and they said call 911. I was so panicked, I didn't think of that... Then I answered a bunch of questions and she said she would dispatch the ambulance from 2 hrs. away.... I said it wasn't that bad! I asked wasn't there a first aid person here in Conklin. So she said she would call the fire dept, they had first aid people. So, I looked out, I can see fire station from my house. There were vehicles over there, so I jumped in the car and ran over. They were workmen, not firefighters and they gave me their first aid kit and suggested I check at the hall. I know the nurse is here on Tuesday, but I was close, so I ran over and the head of our school board was there and said she had some butterfly bandaids and would grab them from her house and come to my house. So, she came and was applying them when the firefighters first aid guys arrive. They said it would need some crazy glue (which they use now instead of stitches), and suggested calling the ambulance, but I said I would take her. They said they would radio ahead... a good hour and a half ride.. I was lucky dd got off work early today so when I called to get their medical number and address she was home... I told her not to panic and explained what happened... and she said, "What happened?" So I explained again, and said we'd get going.

But I guess it wasn't so important, cuz the nurse looked at it when I arrived and put a bandage on it and we sat for 3.5 hrs... Imagine keeping an 8 y.o. occupied for that long.... all they had was an activity booklet in waiting room.... she was very brave and grown up about it, but losing patience by the time the dr. came in. He apologized and told her she was the best patient he had all day. Then he cleaned the wound, glued it and put bandaids on it.... total professional time, approx. 3 minutes!!!

So, by then it was 6:30. We hadn't had lunch, and I had grabbed a couple granola bars on the way out the door, so we were some hungry by then. So, we went to library to grab some more audiobooks for trip home and back again tomorrow for my tests and appts. Then we made a quick stop at sil and called dd to update her. MacD's here we come for supper... and left town at 8:30.... hit some rain and lightning and got home just after dark, having seen only 1 deer on the roadside.....

So, it's not over yet, we still had to change the sheets on the bed and vacuum to make sure we got all the glass..... Whew! At least, I've long since stopped shaking.....
And got to go and drive back to town tomorrow for eye dr, mammogram and diabetic clinic appt.... then we're going for a BBQ with brother and sil.... and home again.

so, I think I should try to get some sleep, a busy day tomorrow again. The worst will be I am getting my eyes dilated, so I won't be able to see very well or drive.... hopefully dh can navigate me to my next appts. safely.. He has advanced glaucoma and doesn't drive much, but this is special circumstances.....

so good nite all..... here's hoping you have a normal, low stress day tomorrow!!
Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post
  • MONTY68
    Hi Lila
    I think it was more than just a day, probably felt like a month all in 1 day. Sure glad you gd is ok, You did what is best for her.
    OK, new rule you got enough stress today adding to the stressful vacation that your next 6 months will be stressfree, remember you are not allowed to have any. If that means ignoring something you will!!!!!.
    It is time for Lila to take care of Lila, enough is enough. Now tomorrow, instead of being stressful, it will be a day of things you have done before, relax and let them flow.
    Take care of you OK? OK!!!!

    Monty emoticon emoticon
    2837 days ago
  • DIVA14K
    That is a stressful day, I hope you have a better day tomorrow.

    2838 days ago
    OMG when it rains it pours for you.

    I am sure you will remember that day for a very long tiem.
    Your life is so exciting. Some day you might learn to relax, no wonder you have trouble sleeping. I am so glad that is behind you and I guess I will be glad for you when this one is also Pat in Maine.
    2838 days ago
  • TERRI289
    OMG, Lila!! What a stressful day!! I am glad gd is ok.

    I just realized that you didn't overeat!! Good control since there were more important things going on.

    I will pray for a calm day for you.YOu deserve it!! emoticon emoticon
    2838 days ago
  • Add Your Comment to the Blog Post

    Log in to post a comment

    Disclaimer: Weight loss results will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as a typical result of following the SparkPeople program.

More Blogs by SLIMLILA