My Rewards (For $1000 Shopping Spree Competition)
Friday, July 23, 2010
As I stopped to think about a rewards blog, I thought of those things that used to be my idea of rewards, such as a manicure, pedicure, new clothes, or something I really wanted to buy. But I realized that my thoughts have changed and my mind is now set on how losing weight will change my life in regard to how my body looks and maneuvers and I came up with this Top 10 Rewards List.
My Top 10 Rewards:
1. To be in control of what I put in my mouth.
2. To be able to cross my legs lady-style.
3. To be rid of this belly fat.
4. To be able to wear sleeveless tops.
5. To only have one chin.
6. To be able to wear size 6/8 clothes again.
7. To be able to get up off the floor and out of a recliner gracefully.
8. To be able to walk my dog again.
9. To stop obsessing about my weight and food.
10. To go to a public place and feel good about how I look instead of looking at all the thin people and wishing I looked like them.
These are the things I focus on now. I do have an overall reward in mind, however. When I reach my goal weight I plan to go to Disney and be able to walk around in the parks in my size 8 shorts and sleeveless top and wear a smile on my one-chin face and sit in a Mickey Mouse chair and cross my legs lady-style as I sip some water with a lemon wedge in it and look at the Disney castle and think of my Cinderella story and laugh because thanks to the help of SparkPeople.com I am thin and I am free of the bondage to food I have lived with for nearly all my life.
But until that day, I comfort myself in every pound lost, every minute I exercise, every fraction of an inch lost, every healthy meal I eat, every piece of junk food I resist, and every positive SparkPage status I can share. I comfort myself in knowing that I am living my life the way I need to to reach my goal weight.
If I won the $1,000.00, I think I would save the money and use it toward my trip to Disney. But if I had to spend it shopping, I think I would buy new walking shoes, a heart monitor, and things I would need for my trip.