Friday, July 23, 2010
I read this and thought it was interesting and worth sharing. So many of these thoughts can apply to our weight loss, fitness, and lifestyle change journey too.
** I don't know if this is copyrighted or not, the author is unknown, and I did not find it on the web so I can't post a link. I hope I am not violating SparkPeople rules by posting this. That is not my intention.
Here are some life lessons I've learned from jigsaw puzzles....
* Don't force a fit. If something is meant to be, it will come together naturally.
* When things aren't going so well, take a break. Everything will look different when you return.
* Be sure to look at the big picture. Getting hung up on the little pieces only leads to frustration.
* Perseverance pays off. Every important puzzle went together bit by bit, piece by piece.
* When one spot stops working, move to another. But be sure to come back later.
* Variety is the spice of life. It's the different colors and patterns that make the puzzle interesting.
* Establish the border first. Boundaries give a sense of security and order.
* Don't be afraid to try different combinations. Some matches are surprising.
* Take time to celebrate your successes (even little ones).
* Anything worth doing takes time and effort. A great puzzle can't be rushed
* The creator of the puzzle gave you the picture as a guidebook.