As most of you know I am diabetic and have had a lot of trouble with my Blood glucose readings lately or so I thought!
Last months results were: 1 pound lost and My A1C was 6.4
July's results were: 5 pounds lost and My new A1C was 6.8
I usually see my doctor every three months unless I have problems! I have been experiencing frequent UTI's lately once a month in the past three months! So I have seen him quiet often lately! He says my A1C is up because of the pain and infection I have been experiencing with the UTI's! He was not upset with my results and said he would not be until it reaches 7.0! This is when the disease I have can cause damage to organs in my body!
My insurance also requires me to go to a Diabetic Clinic that the hospital owns and see a counselor there! My registered dietiican that I started with at this clinic moved a year ago! So I have been seeing somebody, anybody, and they usually send me on my way within 30 minutes!
This time I was scheduled to see the new registered dietcian named Mrs. Lisa! She was very nice and I found out she had been conspiring (I mean talking) with my doctor! She immediately pulled out a goal sheet. So this is the plan for the next 3 months!
1) She wants me to lose at least 10 pounds in three months! I told her about being real
ish! She smiled and said that's okay I really want to see more than that come off in three months!
2) My calories intake was reduced from 1200-1550 daily to 1200-1500! No biggie!
BUT NOW! I have to:
1) Limit my carbohydrate intake to no more than 10 carb choices a day!
2) 15 grams = 1 Carb choice
3) 3-4 veggie servings a day (Salads have been helping me with this)
4) 6-8 ozs of protein a day
5) She wants them entered into the SP nutrition tracker daily and a copy ran off for her!
6) I have a new carb counting sheet that she gave me that goes with me everywhere like
3) I am to report to her in two weeks to be weighed in and at this time my waist will also be measured as it was that day!
This measurement she wants to go down by 3 inches in 3 months!
This is to make me what they call ACCOUNTABLE!
4) I thought I had been doing real good in the exercise area! Apparently, not good enough! I have been doing 3 days of 90 minutes of swimming! She did not like this! She feels I should be doing 5 days a week at least 30 minutes a day!
The fitness center is open from 5am-10pm Monday-Friday! Working at night and needing sleep is no excuse! Get a planner an plan my days and pencil it in!
The only problem I have with this is she doesn't really understand that 30 minutes is nothing to me! I enjoy swimming! Not only is it one of the best forms of exercise you can do! It helps me relax and the more I do the more I want to do! The moreI do the more it energizes me (or is this a conspiracy to get me to do more
1) This is to be tracked on the SP fitness tracker and a copy brung in to her!
5) My A1C is to be brought back up to 6.5 on my October blood work order!
After putting all of this on my goal sheet she jumped up and said I will be right back, and I seen her talking with someone on the phone in the next room! I sort of got nervous! She came back in the room and asked me some questions:
(1) April, do you use the hot tub any? I replied "Yes, of course it is wonderful!"
(2) Well guess what? I replied, "What!" "No hot tub for you any more my dear!"
(3) Why? "Because diabetics have a tendency to have bacteria to thrive in heat and we think
this might help the UTI problem!"
Lastly, your bathing suit needs to come off immediately when entering the locker room and new dry clothes put on! I always do this, but I just looked at her and said,
"Yes mame! "
How do I feel about this? It is different and I am having some trouble counting the carbs, but it will get easier I am sure!
ANY PLAN IS BETTER THAN NO PLAN AT ALL!
THANK YOU LORD FOR MRS. LISA!