I am doing the independence Challenge that was set up by D710Dance who motivates me to keep going.
Copied from D710dance blog www.sparkpeople.com/mypa
the challenge is
During this challenge, the goal will be to get back to basics from 7/6/10 - 8/6/10. Which includes:
* Drink a MINIMUM of 64 ounces of water EVERY DAY ( Mine will be to drink at least 100oz of water)
* Eat a MINIMUM of Five (5) fruits and vegetables EVERY DAY ( I am going to do my best to eat atleast 3
* Exercise at LEAST 30 mins a day Four (4) times a week EVERY WEEK
( I am commiting my self to do at least 20 minutes 5-6 days a week)
* Spin the SPARK Wheel EVERY DAY! I've noticed that sometimes just logging on to spin the Spark Wheel gives me the little push that I need to stay on track with my healthy lifestyle.
* Before you go to sleep on Monday 7/5/10, determine at LEAST one goal that you would like to accomplish by the end of the challenge.
My goal for this challenge is to loose 5 pounds.
Goal weight: 240
The other part of this challenge is
DECLARING our INDEPENDENCE:
We all have an area in our new lifestyles, in which we either need to BUILD a habit or BREAK a habit. This challenge will give us 30+-days to do just that!!!
Identify at least one habit that you would like to build and maintain then find a SPARK Buddy to help hold you accountable. Your BUILDER could be anything from reading a scripture once a day to doing 10 wall push-ups a day.
For me i need to get back to strength training and I will do it 3 times a week. I will also start doing crunches again 4 times a week at least 50 of them. I also plan on tracking everything bite of food I eat and how often I exercise. I have been so bad on tracking and i know I do this it will help me stay on track and as Deondra say i can be On to the next one
Identify at least one habit that you would like to break and then find a SPARK Buddy to help hold you support you on finding an INDEPENDENT alternative.
For me mine is giving up soda. I am a soda addict and even though I have cut down alot i am ready to get it up all together. I will also free myself from clutter meaning that I will clean and get rid of junk I don't need anymore.
Even though the challenge Don't start until tomorrow I have already started with parts of this challenge I have been doing the 20 minute start walking one mile video from on demand on Thursday and been doing it everyday except for yesterday. Yesterday I got in alot of walking at the casino I walked 11661 steps and burned 939 calories