HAPPY MID-YEAR SPARK FAMILY & FB FRIENDS
It's hard to believe that July is already here, but it is!
We're six months into 2010 with six months remaining and it's time to evaluate where we are in relation to achieving our New Year's Goals.
My Goal for the New Year was/is to become a COMPLETE and PERFECT 10. www.sparkpeople.com/mypa
Well, part of becoming that COMPLETE and PERFECT 10 will be included in our INDEPENDENCE Challenge.
During this challenge, the goal will be to get back to basics from 7/6/10 - 8/6/10. Which includes:
* Drink a MINIMUM of 64 ounces of water EVERY DAY
* Eat a MINIMUM of Five (5) fruits and vegetables EVERY DAY
* Exercise at LEAST 30 mins a day Four (4) times a week EVERY WEEK
* Spin the SPARK Wheel EVERY DAY! I've noticed that sometimes just logging on to spin the Spark Wheel gives me the little push that I need to stay on track with my healthy lifestyle.
* Before you go to sleep on Monday 7/5/10, determine at LEAST one goal that you would like to accomplish by the end of the challenge. My goal will be to be down one dress size and comfortably rock my new animal print dress that matches my hair (You know how I am about MY dresses...LOL!). Then on Tuesday, 7/6/10 record your STARTING INFORMATION...It's up to you what you want to monitor or track. Yours truly will take a before picture. record my starting dress size, weight and measurements (neck, chest, upper arms, waistS, hips, thighs and calves). Feel free to capture this starting information in a private journal, SPARK Community Journal or via a SPARK Blog.
* At the conclusion of the challenge on Friday 8/6/10 record your FINAL RESULTS and compare them to your STARTING INFORMATION. Again, feel free to capture this information in a private journal, SPARK Community Journal or via a SPARK Blog.
Now here's the most critical piece of the challenge...DECLARING our INDEPENDENCE.
We all have an area in our new lifestyles, in which we either need to BUILD a habit or BREAK a habit. This challenge will give us 30+-days to do just that!!!
Identify at least one habit that you would like to build and maintain then find a SPARK Buddy to help hold you accountable. Your BUILDER could be anything from reading a scripture once a day to doing 10 wall push-ups a day.
For example, I need to resume my Strength Training routine. During this Challenge, NOEILAND, FOXYLOSE30 and GININARUBA (a/k/a Gin, one of my workout buddies and long-time friend...she's not a SPARKER just yet) have agreed to be my Strength Training Accountability Partners. I also need to "consistently" hit my pure water drinking goal everyday. So SLIMLADYP, JENGER2DAY, MOMSLOSINIT4_2 have agreed to be my H20 Accountability Partners. Receiving theirupdates during the day encourages me to take another sip and keep moving ON TO THE NEXT ONE!
Identify at least one habit that you would like to break and then find a SPARK Buddy to help hold you support you on finding an INDEPENDENT alternative. Your BREAKER could be anything from you want to stop eating fast food everyday to you want to stop texting while you're driving.
For example, during this challenge my goal is to gain control of my emotional eating. TJOI214 and LOVABLELULU have agreed to be my accountability partners. Regularly we will discuss our meal plans (even if we don't get a chance to update our SP Nutrition Trackers) and we have agreed to call/text or email each other if we are tempted to stray away from the meal plan for the day,
In closing, as with all challenges please know that the goal is to have fun and be stress-free.
I have decided NOT to link this challenge to a specific SPARK Team or require any additional tracking, I encourage you to find your accountability partner(s) among your current list of SPARK Friends or among your teammates on your SPARK Team where you are most active. If you're not active with a SPARK Team, consider this your invitation to join the CARDIO CONNOISSEURS! www.sparkpeople.com/mysp
For this challenge, what's most important is that you have a PLAN, get a PARTNER (whether they're on SPARK or NOT) and work your PLAN. Does that make sense?
So who is ready to DECLARE their INDEPENDENCE, and move with me ON TO THE NEXT ONE?
"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of [AWESOME SPARK FRIENDS] to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the [BAD AND COUNTER-PRODUCTIVE HABITS] that so easily hinders our progress. And let us run with endurance the race that God has set before us. " Hebrews 12:1 NLT