Short Term Goals --> Action!
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
I have a goal! Yahoo! I am going to lose these extra ten pounds in one month, by July 28. Specifically: Today’s weight is 172. I want to weigh 162 by July 28.
June 30 – 170
July 7 – 168
July 14 - 166
July 21 - 164
July 28 – 162
How I will do this:
• I engage in at least 30 minutes of activity every day, whether that is dance class, walking/running, or yoga. Gardening is nice, but unless it involves an increased heart rate or carrying water it does not count.
• I track my calories and activity on Spark People and stay within the 1,500 calorie range.
• Write at least one blog per week.
• I connect with at least one other person on Spark People or in Real-Life per day regarding weight loss and weight loss goals.
• I drink 8 glasses of water or other healthful liquids per day.
• I keep my metabolism up and avoid binge eating by doing the following things:
o PLANNING FOR SITUATIONS WHERE I MAY BE TEMPTED.
o Eating at least 60 grams of protein per day
o Eating a breakfast that is at least one third of my daily calorie intake.
o Saving a 200 calorie snack for the evening.
o Going to bed by 11 p.m. each night.
o Meditating at least three times per week for at least 15 minutes.
• I reward myself by:
o Savoring and enjoying my food.
o Finding and enjoying pleasurable activities such as swimming and dancing.
o Connecting with people and friends.
o Find inexpensive clothing that flatters me.
That's what I'm doing, dear friends on Spark People!
Will be seeing you more regularly.